Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids Transportation

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2016 at 11:44 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 218 Total Views

Hello!

My family of 6 is Disney bound this Spring break! We have 2 pre-teen boys and 2 girls ages 2 and 10months. 

My question is in reguards to transporting my girls around Disney. 

We have a large front and back double stroller & two umbrella strollers that we plan on taking along. Also, a baby carrier for the infant (as needed).

My husband and I kind of hate the umbrella strollers. They are flimsy - they don't hold much (anything!) - and wtih their small plastic tires, they are difficult to manuver. 

The front to back double stroller has cup holders, a large under basket and its super easy to push. However, its large & bulky. 

We are staying on property (Caribbean Beach) and I'm wondering if anyone has any advice about how to get around the Disney properties with two small children? I absolutely do not want to carry either of these kids though these parks. 

Caribbean is right inbetween HS and EPCOT and its said that they are within walking distance. So that might be an options for those two parks. Maybe?

We are doing mostly half days inside MK sticking with one "Land" per visit. 

I'm thinking maybe we should drive to AK - but I have no idea if thats a bad idea or not.

I'm just thinking these parks and buses are going to be packed full with spring breakers and its going to be this nightmare trying to get around. I'm worried about getting on and off the buses with the large stroller. Is it a huge pain to drive the the parks instead of taking the buses? Or specific parks? I don't mind using the umbrella strollers on half days. But they simply won't work for large spread out parks like EPCOT and Animal Kingdom. 

Please, does anyone have any helpful tips? TIA!!!

“For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.” -Audrey Hepburn
by on Jan. 16, 2016 at 11:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
MommyOverboard
by New Member on Jan. 17, 2016 at 2:15 PM

bump

Katt709
by New Member on Jan. 17, 2016 at 10:37 PM

Our last trip to Dinsey World was in 2014. We had  5, 3, & 12 month old kids. I took a sit n stand and loved it. If you're using the busses just remeber not to put anything in the stroller before getting on. Keep it folded or fold quickly while in line. Once off the bus, unfold, pack up, and go. It's really very easy. Forget the unmbrella strollers. They'll just be a pain and you won't use them. 

As for drive vs bus - I'd drive. We always always have a car when we're there. It's super easy to get to the parks and you have all your stuff and your own space. and no waiting in lines or for the bus to fill up. YOu go when you're ready. The only park I'd consider not driving to is MK bc you have to park at TTC and take transport to the park. But still I like driving there too. My kids are all small and we go for rope drop every day. so driving is easy for us. We also rarely go back to the parks after nap time - so I have no idea how the busses would be in the afternoon vs driving. It is harder to go back to the park driving than it is to get there first thing. 

Good luck !Have fun!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)