Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Strollers FAQ

Posted by on Nov. 11, 2008 at 3:24 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 579 Total Views
Strollers FAQ

Disney World Stroller Rentals

Strollers can be rented upon entering the theme parks and at Downtown Disney. Strollers are not available at the Water Parks.

The Disney strollers are made of hard plastic. They do not recline but they do have canopies for some protection from the sun. (We do not recommend the Disney strollers for infants.) It's a good idea to bring either a receiving blanket or beach towel to provide a bit of cushioning between the plastic and your child.

If you regret not bringing a stroller of your own, you'll find that they also have a nice stroller available for purchase. It's $50 (Megara's change) and can be found in the vicinity of the rental areas.

11/19/08 - New Strollers at the Magic Kingdom
disney stroller

Disney World Stroller
Disney World Stroller photo

Stroller Fees:

$15.00 for single - $13.00 per day for Length of Stay rental

$31.00 for double - $27.00 per day for Length of Stay rental

When purchasing a Length of Stay rental, you show your receipt and can bypass the queue with little or no wait.

M agic Kingdom

Stroller Shop
Main rental is to the right as enter the turnstiles

Replacements:
Main Street U.S.A. at Strollers/Wheelchairs
Frontierland at the Trading Post

Tomorrowland at the Tomorrowland Terrace

Epcot
Stroller Shop
Main Entrance and International Gateway Entrance
Main rental is inside either entrance
Replacements:
Germany at Gas und Porzellan

Disney's Hollywood Studios
Stroller Shop
Main rental is at Oscar's Super Service
Replacements:
Tatooine Traders

Animal Kingdom
Stroller Shop
Main rental is at Garden Gate Gifts inside the main entrance
Replacements:
Mombasa Marketplace

DOWNTOWN DISNEY
Marketplace: Wonderful World of Memories
West Side: Disney Quest

Is it safe to leave my stroller outside an attraction?

Do not leave anything of value in your stroller, however, many people do leave their diaper bags with the stroller. Strollers can not be brought into any attractions, so if the weather looks threatening, throw a rain poncho or some other protective covering over it.

What if someone walks off with my stroller? Or what if I need a replacement for some reason?

There are several places where you can obtain a replacement stroller. (NOTE: Only a limited quantity are available, on a first-come, first-served basis.)

In the Magic Kingdom:
-- Main Street, U.S.A. at Strollers/Wheelchairs
--
Frontierland at Trading Post
--
Tomorrowland at Tomorrowland Arcade

In Epcot:
--
Germany (Glas und Porzellan)

In Disney's Hollywood Studios:
-- Tatooine Traders

In Animal Kingdom:
-- Mombasa Marketplace

Anything else I should know?

Disney Cast Members can and will move your stroller from where you *parked* it. Tying a scarf or balloon to your stroller will help you locate it more quickly.

Most strollers can be rolled onto the monorails; be sure to lock the wheels securely. On the "Friendship" boats at Epcot and the boats from Port Orleans to Downtown Disney, the stroller can be rolled on, but you will be asked to carry your child for safety reasons. Strollers must be folded and carried on all other Disney transportation.

On the boat from the Wilderness Lodge to the Magic Kingdom, you WILL be asked to take your child OUT of the stroller.

You may *stroll* into all park entrances -- the Cast Member will take your ticket and turn the turnstile for you.

Usually, but it's not guaranteed, strollers have "free" rental when you attend the special Halloween and Christmas parties at the Magic Kingdom (once the party begins).

Be aware that in June, during "Love Bug" season, the bugs love to hide out in the strollers!!! These are harmless black bugs, but they are very annoying.

by on Nov. 11, 2008 at 3:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mamakate1981
by on Nov. 11, 2008 at 8:23 PM

We are going dec.21-27 and have the damn stroller dilema. My 4yr old doesn't use a stroller anymore but at disney I know she will get tired and whine for one. We have a double stroller but it is extra bulky and pushing it through the crowds would be a nightmare. Plus when my 4yr sits in from her baby brother yanks her hair and kicks her. Then she does not fit in the back. We bought a real nice evenflo umbrella stroller for her and were planning to use a smaller cosco one for baby brother. Well the smaller cosco one broke a whole in the seat and the the metal bar sticks out poking him in the leg. He doesn't complain but for 6b days all day I don't want the bar poking him. I really do not want to buy another stroller. I was thinking my daughter could walk then we could rent her a single stroller if she gets tired, how does that sound? Any advice as I am going crazy with strollers here.

Megara
by Group Owner on Nov. 11, 2008 at 10:08 PM

Hmmm...well I'm no help in this one because I only have one child and half the time we bring our own stroller and the other half we wear her in the Beco Butterfly.  We really love the convenience of babywearing, so that might be an option for your younger child.  You could get a backpack carrier for him.  Anyone with stroller experience?

pennyfred
by on Nov. 12, 2008 at 2:57 PM

At least I'm not the only one with the double stroller dilema.  When we go, we will have a 2, 4, 6 and 8 yo.  We can either bring our double stroller or clothes when we drive and I believe Disney has a dress code.  LOL!  We were planning on doing using our 2 cheaper ones, but don't you know one of them got wrecked.  I so don't want to buy another, but I know the 4 and 6 yo will need some breaks.  Maybe we'll just have to stop and smell the roses more.

Penny

YOSSLYN
by New Member on Nov. 16, 2008 at 8:19 PM

I HAD LEND A FRIEND MY STROLLER FOR A TRIP AND I WAS IN NEED OF ONE YOU KNOW HOW THAT GOES LEND WHAT YOU HAVE THEN THATS WHEN YOU NEED IT THE MOST .SO I WENT TO A THRIFT STORE CLOSED BY AND PURCHASED ONE FOR $20.00 A PEG PREGO I WAS AMAISED TO SEE THE PRICE OF THE STROLLER WHEN I LOOKED IT UP. THE STROLLER  COST $300.IT HAD  MINOR SCRATCHES AND  NEEDED TO BE CLEAN .SINCE IT WAS A VERY HOT DAY I WASHED IT AND LET IT DRY OUT SIDE.SO IF THERES A THRIFT STORE CLOSED BY CHECK IT OUT YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU MIGHT FIND.

reenie63
by on Dec. 12, 2008 at 5:54 PM

You've probably already made your decision by now and you know your kids better than anyone.....

I have two boys and we'll be going again when they are 5 and 6 and we WILL be using a double stroller. Typically, they don't use a stroller anymore but a day at Disney World is not a typical day. When we went when our older boy was 4 1/2 he refused to get in the stroller on the first day, put up a mild fuss then second day and then was in it for the rest of the visit. It's tiring walking the parks, especially with their little feet and little stride. I say be prepared for both children to need a rest.

USMCWIFEFOREVER
by on Dec. 28, 2008 at 3:49 PM

I have a 15 month old a 4 yr old and 3yr old.  our problem has been take the double or rent one.  well after looking at the price (27 a day) we decided on taking our double and our single light weight stroller.  the light stroller will fold up and fit under the double in the basket.  Our 3 and 4 yr old walk almost every place we go but i know they will get tired walking WDW. All 3 can fit in the double at the same time but it could get cramped if all 3 fell asleep. so we opted on bringing the light weight stroller also.  that way they each can have their own seat  and snack tray which is nice when you want to eat at a QS place while you are in a rush to make the next show at some place.  

I figure since we are driving and have lots of room why spend the $$$ on a stroller when we have it. the $$$ we will save on the stroller rentals ( $135 for 5 days) will pay for our character dinning at Chef Mickeys.  So what!it will be a little harder getting around the parks with a bulky double stroller, but it is a lot better than having cranky tired kids, and we like the idea of spending that extra money on something the kids will remember than a stroller.

PS.............  here is a hint for extra room in your stroller basket.  go to the hardware store buy some "s" hooks hang them on your stroller handle and you can hang bags from the hooks. makes it easy to grab your stuff when you want to fold up the stroller to get on the monorail. They make hooks like this for strollers but it is cheaper to buy the "s" hooks at the store and they are more heavy duty.

MamaOfB
by on Jan. 1, 2009 at 7:49 PM

I think if I were in this position I would opt for one of the standing boogy boards that attach to the back of the stroller for the older child.  (Sort of a "sit-n-stand" without the "sit"  LOL)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)