Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Newbie Alert!

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:47 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 224 Total Views

Ok ladies I am clueless!

Well not totally, I know it will be expensive...lol. We are a family of five and trying to plan a trip to Disney World. We don't have plans to go soon, more like in 4 years? That way all the kid will be old enough to enjoy the trip. Also so there will no strollers to push you know?

My main question is, How in the world can we plan to save for this? I have looked at the website but in four years won't prices change? I just have no idea.

We know for sure we would like to stay in I think its like the wilderness resort? With the cabins? That way we can have breakfast and dinner in the cabin. Right now the cabins runs 265 a night...in saving for our trip should I just double that?

The ticket options....whats the best value? What can you really accomplish in a weeks time?

Now the extras...meals with a character...I'm so for that I think my kids would flip for it but my hubs thinks its a waste...so which is it? Do they really get to spend much time with them or is it like a passing glance type thing?

Ok I think that's all for now! Thanks for any and all advice!

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
krazeerosie
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:41 AM

In a week at the 4 parks you can pretty much do it all. We have only done 6 days. We are a family of 5 but this trip will have 2 in diapers( just not looking forward to the formula and bottles).  To me if you are staying on property for that per night then look for a bargain in the dining plan ( the free dining) to make it worth it.  Otherwise the next trip we will rent a home for much cheaper.

We like to eat well on vacation but I don't like to book too many reservations because that means you have to be in a certain area at a certain time and with rides it's hard to do sometimes.  We book one meal a day minimum. So this trip is just 2 days of Disney and each day btn 11am and 1pm we are going to dine with characters at Chef Mickey one day and Crystal Palace another. First time at Chef Mickey. But at Crystal Palace the characters have a set parade around the tables to spend time with each table and take pictures. You will easily see them 4 different times unless you eat FAST. They are great about not letting people jump at Crystal Palace so I hope at chef Mickey they have something similar. But these are worth it. I am waiting til my daughter is older to pay the price for Castle one. I hear Grand Floridian is nice. It will be more than likely 4 or 5 yrs til our next trip so no more diapers at least for us after this one plus I want everyone taller than 40 inches.

Just plan a trip with this years prices and add a $1000 just in case.

Lilypie 5th Birthday TickerLilypie 2nd Birthday TickerLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Cruiseagentmom
by Group Admin on Apr. 9, 2009 at 9:18 AM

Once you are able to make the booking, you can then make monthly payments until 45 days prior to you trip.

If you're going to wait that long until your trip, at least plan for a couple character dining experiences. Otherwise, you might keep thinking about it. Should I have done it or not .....

It will make the kids feel really special and add that much more fun to your WDW experience.

MouseCrazeeMom, Cathy

smilies610
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 3:52 PM

I'm not sure what to tell you about prices in the future.

Can you accomplish a lot in a week. Absolutly! We were in the park for 4.5 days. We visited all 4 parks and pretty much did everything we wanted to do.

Character meals.. TOTALLY WORTH IT! We did 4 of them, and I think I enjoyed watching the Characters interace with my daughter as much as she did! At each dinner the characters (usually 4 per dinner) would stop at our table numerous times and interact with us. Tons of fun!

mammak
by New Member on Apr. 10, 2009 at 12:19 PM

thank you so much! great advice ladies. I am going to do as advised and plan as if it were this year and tack on 1000bucks. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)