Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Value movies vs. sports

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 10:40 AM
  • 11 Replies
  • 305 Total Views

Which resort is better? My dad and step mom stayed at sports a LONG time ago! they said it was great for kids b/c there is a football field where all the kids played at night. We have a 6 & 8 year old boy going with us. Movies was our first choice b/c we all love movies..but I'm wondering if the sports would be better for us? Please let me know your opinions! Thanks.

****************************************************************************************************** Check out my site at www.liasophia.com/adriane
Beautiful jewelry with a lifetime guarantee! Visit my site or contact me for more information!

by on May. 8, 2009 at 10:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AdrianeS
by on May. 11, 2009 at 10:57 AM

Can anyone help me with this please? Thanks!

****************************************************************************************************** Check out my site at www.liasophia.com/adriane
Beautiful jewelry with a lifetime guarantee! Visit my site or contact me for more information!

Tigger4399
by on May. 11, 2009 at 11:27 AM

We are going in about a month and staying at the Movies. I can let you know what I think of that when we get back. We are going with a 3 year old and 5 year old boy, but I don't know when you are planning on going.

AdrianeS
by on May. 11, 2009 at 12:08 PM

September..but we have to tell the travel agent ASAP .. so if anyone else has some help I would appreciate it :) Thanks!

Quoting Tigger4399:

We are going in about a month and staying at the Movies. I can let you know what I think of that when we get back. We are going with a 3 year old and 5 year old boy, but I don't know when you are planning on going.

CorbinsMomma
by on May. 11, 2009 at 3:59 PM

We are going to be staying at Movies in Dec.  We figured it had something for everyone.  Even though I'm outnumbered 3-1 by boys the Movies has something we all like (Toy Story).  Plus its where my son wanted.

I would ask your boys which one they prefer and then go from there.  They are the ones who you are looking for anyway.  Well, unless you are surprising them. 

karin0622
by Member on May. 11, 2009 at 4:16 PM

I've stayed at all of the Value Resorts - as far as the quality of each place, they're all equal.  As for the theming, if the boys are into sports, they'd like the All Star Sports Resort.  We stayed in the football section and the "field" was sponging to walk on.  The oversized baseball bats and other sports equipment is pretty cool as well.  I'm just not that into sports, so I liked the Movies and Music better.

Which ever you choose, you won't be disappointed.   Their amenities are basically the same.

Here's a link to the Disney website for the All Star Sports - if you click on the "View All Accommodations" link at the top right side of the screen, you can see what all the resorts in WDW look like.  (I like to do it sometimes just to get my Disney fix) 

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/all-star-sports-resort/

Don't forget, even if you're not staying at a particular resort, you can always visit it.

AdrianeS
by on May. 12, 2009 at 12:49 PM

Thanks for the responses..I'm almost to my decision. I am wondering if both or either of the resorts have a little kiddie pool near the big pool. I think my daughter would enjoy that much more than the big pool! Thanks.

CorbinsMomma
by on May. 13, 2009 at 10:15 AM

Quoting karin0622:

Here's a link to the Disney website for the All Star Sports - if you click on the "View All Accommodations" link at the top right side of the screen, you can see what all the resorts in WDW look like.  (I like to do it sometimes just to get my Disney fix) 

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/all-star-sports-resort/

LOL I thought I was the only one who went to the Disney website sometimes (or watch the Disney Vacation DVD) to get the disney fix.

karin0622
by Member on May. 13, 2009 at 1:02 PM

Quoting AdrianeS:

Thanks for the responses..I'm almost to my decision. I am wondering if both or either of the resorts have a little kiddie pool near the big pool. I think my daughter would enjoy that much more than the big pool! Thanks.

You poked my curiosity, so I Googled "kiddie pools at all star sports resort"...a kiddie pool is listed as an amenity at the Sports, Music and Movies resorts on disneyzone.net.

Hope this helps and have a great time...

AdrianeS
by on May. 13, 2009 at 1:06 PM

Ok great! That does help a ton :) Thanks so much. The disney site didn't specify. I did compare the two resorts and the only difference they say is when you make purchases you can have them delivered to your room at the Movies resort and the Sports resort says it doesn't.

Quoting karin0622:

Quoting AdrianeS:

You poked my curiosity, so I Googled "kiddie pools at all star sports resort"...a kiddie pool is listed as an amenity at the Sports, Music and Movies resorts on disneyzone.net.

Hope this helps and have a great time...

karin0622
by Member on May. 13, 2009 at 2:09 PM

You get the same benefits (package delivery, Extra Magic Hours, transportation) no matter the resort, so don't worry.  Choose the place that best suits you and your family. 

One other suggestion - if you have your own automobile, you might want to use that to travel from the resort to which ever park you're going to visit.  Since the All Star resorts are the farthest from the parks, it takes some time for the buses to show up.  If you take your car, you can show your room key and your parking pass (which you will receive upon check in) and you don't have to pay for parking.  Having your own vehicle comes in handy when you have a crabby child on your hands and you just want to get to your hotel to unwind.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)