Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Prayer Request for our church UPDATED

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2009 at 3:05 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 234 Total Views

Our church is in desperate need of prayer for healing.  Two weeks ago at a function one of our youth leaders allegedly molested one of the youth.  This is especially hard because the leader grew up in the church and his family as well as the victims are all leaders in our church.  It will be a very hard time for all involved.  Please  pray for God's leading and wisdom as we navigate this horrible time.

The judge didn't find enough evidence (despite a witness) to even go to trial, and the fall out has been enormous.  A whole family (aunts, uncles, cousins, parents of the alleged) have left leaving behind them already over committed people to take on the children's division of Sabbath school, youth leadership, worship team, deaconess, and VBS.  Their reason (the parents) for leaving was that no one called or visited them during this crisis, despite the fact that no one outside of the board knew what happened and the pastor was told by legal counsel to stay away (apparently priests, pastors, etc. no longer have confidentiality protection in court) and they were told that.  The rest of the family is leaving because of what the parents told them.  Please pray that the Holy Spirit will come into this congregation and give healing and wisdom to know what to do.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Nov. 19, 2009 at 3:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
flybabymom
by Member on Nov. 20, 2009 at 4:53 PM

I will be praying for you and your church during this devastating time.

mictamali
by Member on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:29 PM

Oh no.  The enemy is hard at work trying to tear your church apart.  I am so sorry for all involved.  What a tough situation.  You are all in my prayers.

**Tammy's Goals for 2009**
1.  Lose 15 pounds. 10 pounds 5 pounds
2.  Pay down debt substantially.
3.  Paint the interior of the house.
4.  Read the Bible daily.
5.  Overcome the paper clutter.
6.  Be firmer with Alicia on the homeschooling.

joyfulmom30
by Member on Aug. 14, 2010 at 8:54 AM

Wow!

prayingDear Heavenly Father,

You know the situation and I ask that You will send a special outpouring of Your Holy Spirit to this church congregation. Bring them healing and wisdom to handle this situation with the best interest of all those in this church. I pray that You will send wisdom to the leaders of this church and wisdom to the members remaining.

In Jesus name, amen.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN