Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm Jami and I'm pleased that you are apart of my group!  I made this group as a kind of "spin off" of some groups on flickr that center on bokeh images. 

Please feel free to introduce yourself and get to know one another.  Post your favorite bokeh images as well!  

I only ask that you are the photographer that took the photos that you are posting!

Ducky bokeh! by you.

4 by you.

2_honeyaction by you.

memory.lane.snippets.. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr
by on Aug. 6, 2008 at 9:51 PM
Replies (11-19):
eztwins
by New Member on Aug. 8, 2008 at 9:04 AM

Hi everyone!  My name is Jenny and I am fairly new to photography as an skill.  I have always taken pictures and I did take a photography class in High School, but my interest has really been building since my twins were born and trying to capture that "moment" with them.  My husband indulged my new found passion at xmas when he bought me my Olympus e510 as a gift and I have been off and running since. 

You ladies are amazing and I love the effect with bokeh so I look forward to learning and sharing with you.  I have a 14-42 mm lens and a 40-150 mm lens but I can't wait until I can get a 50 mm lens. 

Here are a couple of examples of my bokeh experience:

CaliforniaMommy
by on Aug. 13, 2008 at 1:12 PM

Hi, I'm Lauren, mommy of one handsome boy.  I've never intentionally created bokeh, but apparently my photo library is full of it!

libbykate
by Member on Aug. 17, 2008 at 2:52 AM

Hello,

My name is Libby Kate and I am  a  27 year old single mother to a beautiful 21 month old boy.

I am just getting back into photography, it has been a while so take it easy on me, lol.  This is also the first time I have ever used a digital camera,  and I am having so much fun with it. I am making a little money with my photography but mostly I trade time with models for CD and photograph life around me.   Some people think some of my photography is a little different than what most people see on cafemom so I hope none of my photos offend anyone. You would be surprised what can offend people on here, I know I was. 

Nice to see a group full of amazing photographers.

This last one of my son would not be my first or even second choice but it is too late to look for a better photo for this post.  

CaliforniaMommy
by on Aug. 18, 2008 at 11:58 AM

I really love the picture of your son, fountains are fantastic places to photograph kids!  By the way, cute hat!  My son has a skull sweatshirt; it offended the MIL.  People are odd...

cheerdancemom2
by New Member on Sep. 17, 2008 at 6:05 PM

Hi,

My name is Stacey, I am a 38 y.o. SAHM, I have been married to my husband, Wayne, for 18 years, we have two daughters, ages 16 1/2 and 9 y.o.  We live in central Fl.  I love photography and enjoy participating in lots of photography groups on cm. I am not a pro and I know I have room for lots of improvement.  I am always trying to learn and improve.  I take pics everyday.  I shoot with a Canon Rebel XTi, I have the 70 - 200mm lens and the 100mm 2.8 macro lens besides the kit lens.  I am saving to buy a new lens, but I don't know which one I want yet- any suggestions?

vallieskids
by on Sep. 30, 2008 at 7:24 PM

Hi, I'm Val.  I am so excited to find this group.  Looks like so much fun and all the pictures are gorgeous.

Cricket_1176
by New Member on Oct. 6, 2008 at 10:37 PM

Hi, my name is Melissa.  I have two sweet little girls, Kayla(8) & Bailey(6) and a nephew, Tommy(9mo.).  I love photography, and taking pictures of just about anything, lol.  Up until a few days ago I had been shooting with a Sony Cybershot DSC-H9.  I had been trying to talk myself out of getting a DSLR because I didn't think I could use it to it's ability.  BUT, I have been learning SO much on here that my sweet hubby got me a Nikon D60!!  I am SO excited.  Now I just need to get the hang of using it.  I never even owned a film SLR!  So, after that long winded introduction..here are some of my Bokeh shots:

These were taken with my P&S:

These were taken with my Nikon:

I welcome any and ALL CC!!

myangels2
by on Oct. 19, 2008 at 8:46 AM

Hi I'm Kim.......New to Bokeh and loving it!!! 

dawnharvey68
by New Member on Nov. 4, 2008 at 1:19 PM

Some great photos there!

I'm Dawn, 40, from the UK.

I love my F/1.4 50mm and F/2.8 70-200mm Nikkors for bokeh!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)