Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

most recent bokey

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2008 at 8:37 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 291 Total Views

Okay, I had a typo in the title line but I liked it so I didn't change it. LOL. Bokey.  Hahahaha. You do the hoookey bokey!

Sorry. I'm up way too early with not enough sleep behind me.

I had a photo shoot yesterday with one of my oldest (longest-known) friends, her hubby, and two kids.  Got some fun shots!

Here are a few.

The baby is actually her sister-in-law's kid....

I'm going to crop that one (above) so that they're more to the left.

by on Sep. 7, 2008 at 8:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
libbykate
by Member on Sep. 7, 2008 at 4:51 PM

That 1st one is awesome.

If you don't mind me asking what lens do you have and what settings are you using to get the bokeh effect like on the 1st photo?

ddmac314
by New Member on Sep. 8, 2008 at 9:40 AM

I have a tamron 75-300mm lens.  The settings for that pic were.....

ISO 200
Shutter 1/125
AV F4.5

And I always always shoot with my camera settings on a sharpness of 2, contrast of 2, and saturation of 2.  I like bright crisp pics. :)

Quoting libbykate:

That 1st one is awesome.

If you don't mind me asking what lens do you have and what settings are you using to get the bokeh effect like on the 1st photo?

libbykate
by Member on Sep. 8, 2008 at 9:48 AM

Thanks. I have a Nikon D50 with the kit lens, I have been looking at some new lsnses and I am trying to figure out which one I should put my money into first, any suggestions?  I  take a lot of shots like yours, portriats ( at least that is the plan, just started my own biz, not getting a lot of paying gigs yet)

But this kit lens is not cutting it anymore.

Quoting ddmac314:

ISO 200
Shutter 1/125
AV F4.5

And I always always shoot with my camera settings on a sharpness of 2, contrast of 2, and saturation of 2.  I like bright crisp pics. :)

Quoting libbykate:

That 1st one is awesome.

ddmac314
by New Member on Sep. 8, 2008 at 8:29 PM

Unfortunately I know NOTHING about Nikon, and very little about Canon, lol, just about what I have. :(  Sorry.  My kit lens didn't last me long either!!  I loved it, and then I branched out with others and holy cow... I can barely stand to have it on anymore.  lol!

Quoting libbykate:

Thanks. I have a Nikon D50 with the kit lens, I have been looking at some new lsnses and I am trying to figure out which one I should put my money into first, any suggestions?  I  take a lot of shots like yours, portriats ( at least that is the plan, just started my own biz, not getting a lot of paying gigs yet)

But this kit lens is not cutting it anymore.

Quoting ddmac314:

ISO 200
Shutter 1/125
AV F4.5

Quoting libbykate:

That 1st one is awesome.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)