Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Photoshop CS4 from Academicfile.com!!!

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2009 at 8:41 PM
  • 0 Replies
  • 176 Total Views

I'm posting this in every single group I'm in, thats either related to photography or designing.

DO NOT purcahse software from academicfile.com I bought a copy of CS4 over a month ago, and immediately (2 days after installing) had an error message that told me my software key was "invalid".

So, I called Adobe.. they directed me to call Academic File.. I did so. They gave me another serial number to use. Again, it worked for a couple of days.... then... nada. I tried to install it on my laptop for work use (per Adobe's terms of service you may install on up to two computers), and again.. got the "Invalid Serial" error on the SECOND serial number I was given.

I called Adobe back, yet again, to explain what happened. I have since been fighting back and forth with them for the past MONTH!!! I have been on the phone with Adobe at least 5 different times, and spoken with 3 different supervisors.  Now, it turns out that my proof of purchase isn't valid because they (academic file) send the "receipt" with no company logo on it. This means Adobe can't just send me another serial right away... the supervisor must get "approval" from the head hanchos first.

This "reseller" is selling either invalid or illegal software keys to unsuspecting buyers. I'm usually the first to tell people "if its too good to be true, it usually is.." and to do all the research they can (and I did) before buying.

I don't know how this is going to turn out... but I wanted to warn others so they don't end up fighting something like this like I'm having to do.... and even better.. not risk losing money which, in this economy, we can all use for necessities. I'm coming up close to the 45 day limit on opening a paypal dispute. The supervisor said they will call me "without a doubt" by Tuesday to let me know one way or another.

This situation is cutting it close for me On Feb 10th, I'll be stuck without a way to "settle" this, if Adobe chooses not to send me another serial.... don't risk your money ladies.... the low price isn't worth it.

For what you will pay this "reseller" to get the software, you can purchase it from the Adobe Educational store for a whole $50 more. I would be willing to pay the extra $50 even now, to get rid of this headache.

I hope you'll think long and hard about purchasing software from unknown sources in the future. I usually do, and thought this one was "fine" since they were an "Authorized Reseller" (per Adobe themselves..yes.. I called to be sure before buying it). Turns out, I was wrong.

~Crystal

by on Jan. 31, 2009 at 8:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)