Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

diagnostic testing?

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 5:59 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 362 Total Views

I was going to have my 11th grader do the free online testing, but it only went to 8th grade. Does the paper test go further, or should I just start her wherever I think she is?

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 5:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
kristinas8
by on Jan. 4, 2009 at 7:36 PM

bump

Zelda1996
by Group Admin on Jan. 6, 2009 at 8:25 AM

I do not know if the paper test goes further, but I would still test here to make sure you know that she has not missed anything. The diagnostic test gives start level info stating you should start her 5 grade levels below her current grade level, so start her at the 6th level and let her do those three level tests to make sure there are no missing gaps.  Just my thought.

kristinas8
by on Jan. 7, 2009 at 9:27 AM

I found the instructions for HS students and she did the testing with only 2 learning gaps in 8th grade math. So, I guess she's on target for 11th. That's what it said to do, was to start her in age appropriate grade after finding learning gaps. I suppose 8th grade is the finishing point of foundational learning.

Zelda1996
by Group Admin on Jan. 28, 2009 at 8:45 AM

That is great, now you are confident of what she will be doing, and that she does have the foundational learning intact.  I had son do the same diagnostic test because I felt 1st grade was too easy for him. He conquered 3 quarters of 1st grade in 1 and 1/2 quarters worth of days actually doing school.  When I tested him, he tested all the way to the beginning of 3rd grade in three of the subjects.  In those subjects I started him out 1/2 way through 2nd grade because I watched him take the test, and I think toward the end he was guessing right.  The only subjects he tested for that he has to do the whole 2nd grade of was math and word building.  I started him out in 2nd grade for the others that he didn't test in. He amazes me with the level of work he is able to accomplish, being only 6 and all.  He will start 3rd grade next year as I am confident he will finish 2nd grade this year. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN