Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

choosing a pediatrician HELP please

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:00 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 235 Total Views

i am new here so i dont know any good pediatrician. i used to the yellow pages to find one and i scheduled my newborn with dr. Watson. is he any good? it's stressing me out because choosing a pediatrician is a big deal more than my own doctors. help!

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mylittleabby
by Group Admin on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:15 PM

I have never heard of that doctor before but that's not saying that they are not good. I am sure there are many pedictrician's around here. When we were getting ready to move up here, my Mom asked a lady that she had become friends with up here and she recommended Holston Medical Group Pediatrics. They have quite a few doctors but the only one we have seen so far is Dr. Wright and we love her!! Who knows, your doctor might even be part of that practice. We have only been there for regular scheduled appointments but we get in and out quickly and she always takes time to answer all questions I have and sometimes I go in with quite a list.

Yes, it is a big deal when picking a doctor for your newborn but you can't always know how good they are until you actually have an appointment with them. When I was pregnant, my OB suggested the doctor that she took her kids too. I made an appointment to go in and meet him but he was on vacation for a month so I met another doctor since my daughter was due before the other guy would be back. He was nice and all and answered our questions but I wasn't all that thrilled with him. But since they were highly recommended, I stuck with them. When my daughter was born, a different doctor from their group was on the on-call doctor at the hospital. I really liked her but when it was time to make the appointment at the local office, they were so rude on the phone and almost had me in tears. So I called another office in the group and they were amazing! They were so helpful whereas the other office I had planned to use wasn't. But I didn't know how they would be until it was time to use them and luckily I never went back to that office. I stuck with the other office until we moved. So all I can really say is to go to the first appointment and see how well you like this doctor. If they take their time and answer all your questions and you have a good feeling about them, then great. But if not, then you might want to find another doctor. It is best to do it early since you will want your son to be comfortable with them as he gets older. Good luck :)

christ4moms
by Group Owner on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:49 PM

I take all 4 of my kids to Dr. Watson. I like him. My kids are older, so I don't know how he is with infants, but I like him, and he is good for us.

Charlotte

btweengoodnevil
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:22 PM

When I was a kid, I would be seen by Dr Hunter. He's an amazing family care provider. I mean, he sees everyone. And he has his own practice. and he's just... the best.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)