Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:20 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 234 Total Views

Hey ladies. I have been here for a little while. I just havent made a post yet. I am currently living in connecticut but i am from Gray/Johnson City. My husband is in the Navy so we move around. I hope it's ok that I am in the group even though I dont live there at this time. We plan on moving back to the Tri-ciiy area once we are done with our time in the service. I just REALLY miss home. I was born and raised in TN. I have never met ANYONE on CM that is from the tri-cities so when I seen it, I had to join.

Anyway, my name is Tracy. I am 23 years old, and I have an almost 2 year old (will be 2 feb 6th) named lorelai. My husband is Ben and I just miss my home!

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mylittleabby
by Group Admin on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:50 PM

Hi Tracy and welcome to the group!  Sure you are more than welcome to join this group  :)  We have another Mom on here who used to live here and I believe she lives in Oregon or Washington now so it's fine.  I am sorry you had to move away from home.  Is your family still around here?  I spent many summers up here visiting family since my Dad is from Kingsport but I was born and raised in Florida and moved here just over 2 years ago.  I loved it when we would come up here on vacation and I love it now that we live here.  It is a great place to live.  We are in the Mount Carmel/Church Hill area but I have been to Gray a few times and it is a very nice area too.  Oh and my name is Christy and I have a 2 1/2 year old daughter named Abby :)  Again, welcome to the group!

btweengoodnevil
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 7:07 AM

Yeah, my family still lives in TN. Some of Dh's family is still in TN, now they live in NC. The only family that lives around here is my cousin and she lives in boston. So its rather lonely here. I am going to visit family in may.. will be there for a month or so and Im so excited. I havent seen them in over a year. Thank goodness for our tax return comming in soon... goin to use it for my plane tickets, a months rent and bills and anything else that needs to be taken care of before I leave.

Quoting mylittleabby:

Hi Tracy and welcome to the group!  Sure you are more than welcome to join this group  :)  We have another Mom on here who used to live here and I believe she lives in Oregon or Washington now so it's fine.  I am sorry you had to move away from home.  Is your family still around here?  I spent many summers up here visiting family since my Dad is from Kingsport but I was born and raised in Florida and moved here just over 2 years ago.  I loved it when we would come up here on vacation and I love it now that we live here.  It is a great place to live.  We are in the Mount Carmel/Church Hill area but I have been to Gray a few times and it is a very nice area too.  Oh and my name is Christy and I have a 2 1/2 year old daughter named Abby :)  Again, welcome to the group!

whalesmommy04
by on Jan. 29, 2009 at 4:26 PM

Hi.  I USED to live in Kingsport  :)  A few months ago, my husband and I (along with our 2 kids) relocated to Asheville, NC.  I still love this group and visit and post as often as I can (which hasn't been very much since I've moved with all the unpacking and getting everything switched over and trying to enroll my son in school).  Oh yeah, I almost forgot.  I am Megan and I am 23.  My dh is Mark and my babies (or not so much any more) are Jonah, 4 and Ellie, 8 mo.  Welcome to the group!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)