• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you use?

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:11 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 164 Total Views

Everyone has kids at different ages, I was wondering what you use the most? What are some of the things you just can't live without? What would you recommend to other mommas?
Toys, Cleaning Products, Baby Products, Ect...

I have a six month old little boy!
I use my boppy more than anything else. I honestly would recommended anyone who does not have one, get one!
The fisher price rainforest jumperoo, my baby loves it!
Johnson's bedtime bath & lotion
Clorox anywhere spray

We are getting ready to order the recaro signo car seat.

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
mylittleabby
by Group Admin on Feb. 15, 2009 at 7:41 PM

That is a great question and I sure am going to have to think about this one. My daughter is just over 2 1/2 years old so this question is kind of hard to answer because they are little individual's and have their own taste so most everything we use is geared towards what she likes. I would have had an easier time with this if she was still a baby!

When she was a baby, the boppy was great! She used that for a long time whether it was for eating or lounging around. The bumbo was also really good. That is the little chair that helps the little ones sit up on their own. Abby loved to sit up and when we couldn't always hold her, that was great to use. She also loved her Graco swing. We had the whole Days of Hunny Winnie the Pooh theme set of baby gear and the swing was one of her most favorite. We also have the Winnie the Pooh bouncy chair that she loved to kick and bounce in before she went into the jumperoo. I don't remember who made it, but she also loved her kangaroo jumperoo. She would bounce and bounce as long as we would let her. She still loves to bounce now. We got her a trampoline for Christmas so now she can just keep right on bouncing but in a safer way than on our bed!

We tried that bedtime bath that you mentioned but it kept her wide awake. I used it for about a week and could not get her to go to sleep so I stopped using it and went to the Gerber Cucumber Melon baby wash and after her bath and a book, she wold fall right to sleep. I ended up giving the bedtime bath away because it just kept her awake too long.

But as far as things for a child my daughter's age. It depends on what they are into. Abby loves Sesame Street and Elmo so most everything has some Sesame Street character on it, whether it is clothes, books, puzzles, or whatever, she loves it more if it is somehow related to Sesame Street. She also loves anything we can do outdoors. She loves being outside and playing, whether it is snow or sun, she would stay out all day if we let her!!

I know one thing we have and I love is her Britax Regent car seat. When I was searching for car seats, that was the top rated one and I loved that it held children up to such a high weight and height limit and that it was still the 5 point harness system. The bad thing was it was soooo expensive. After my parents moved up here, we needed to get a car seat for my Mom's van and she didn't want to pay that much but I wasn't willing to sacrifice safety. We found a cheaper car seat that was still good on the height and weight limit's although not as good as the Britax one we bought but the Regent is holding up so well. We have had it for over a year and a half and it still looks brand new and she still fits in it really well with room to grow. But the other one in my Mom's car, the shoulder harness doesn't go any higher and since she is over 3 feet tall, I don't see her lasting in this seat much longer. So now we will have to buy another one which is what I was trying to avoid by getting a good one with higher limits so we wouldn't have to keep buying newer seats. Before we got these car seats, we had the Graco infant car seat that went with her Days of Hunny theme and that car seat was awesome! It was so comfy for her and so easy to use and was very lightweight. It worked great with the stroller too.

Other than that, I can't really think of anything else right now. But if I do, I will come back and add it in :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)