Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Matt back in the ring

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2012 at 1:16 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 236 Total Views

Its no secret that we like to keep tabs on Matt Hardy here at the CDWS. When last we checked on young Matthew, he was out of rehab purporting to be a changed man. After a brief claim of retirement before his rehab stint, Hardy has since returned to working the independents. His newest YouTube video is up hyping his latest appearance with Pro Wrestling Syndicate facing Sid Vicious.

Matt’s resurrected his “Matt Hardy will not die!” catchphrase and I’ll give him credit he looks lucid, focused, and together in this promo. Even if a match with a 52 year old Psycho Sid would have been much more welcome back in the late 90′s, I salute Matt for channeling his inner carny and promoting the bout as if it were Match of the Century. Last I saw Sid still was pretty limited in the ring after his horrific leg injury back in 2001, but if working these indies is keeping Hardy from revisiting his demons, good for him.

Whatever your personal feelings about Matt Hardy, at this stage in his career, he should be at least a midcard player in one of the top three promotions. When on his game he’s an entertaining watch in the squared circle.

However, because of the very public troubles in his past, promotions may feel can’t be trusted. To already be working the “special attraction” match on an indy in front of a few hundred people while many of his peers, including his brother, are still kicking with the major promotions is a cautionary tale.

Echoing Dukes’ thoughts from our last Hardy update, other than promoting his appearances, I hope his support system keeps him off YouTube. Making a living and focusing on his sobriety should be top priority.

Just an article I found, lets hope Matt has cleaned himself up and stays that way. This is scheduled for tonight, so I will update tomorrow if I can find anything out. ;)

by on Mar. 9, 2012 at 1:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
itsmandi512
by Group Owner on Mar. 10, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Sid Vicious no-showed the Pro Wrestling Syndicate show in Rahway, New Jersey last night where he was supposed to face Matt Hardy. It was announced earlier in the night that Sid never got on his plane and would not be appearing. The promoter of the show called Sid in the middle of the ring, on the loud speaker, and left him a voicemail so Sid could hear the fans booing him. The promoter then gave out Sid's personal phone number so they could personally call him.

Hardy went on to face Jay Lethal, who came out impersonating Sid and even cut a promo like him.

TxMom2324
by Head Admin on Mar. 12, 2012 at 1:01 PM
1 mom liked this

yay Mattitude!!

itsmandi512
by Group Owner on Mar. 12, 2012 at 2:17 PM
1 mom liked this

He has another match scheduled for next month with the same company. Keeping my fingers crossed that he will stay on the right path!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)