Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I nEeD sOmE aDvIcE aBoUt DS

Posted by on Sep. 9, 2009 at 10:28 AM
  • 1 Replies
  • 96 Total Views

Okay so;; My DS is going to be 2 this December. And first of all Yes my DS still has a bottle. But only for bedtime. But for the last few weeks he has only wanted Chocolate milk and soda to drink, instead of normal milk. He is lactose intolerant so he has to have lactaid milk. But now he will throw the biggest fit. DS actually got so upset because I didn't give him Chocolate milk or soda that he made himself throw up! Also, DS will NOT eat meat. The only meat he ever even eats is McDonalds chicken nuggets and burgers. Which we don't get him often. IDK what to do with this problem. Does anyone have any ideas?

by on Sep. 9, 2009 at 10:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
TootieFruitie
by Group Admin on Sep. 10, 2009 at 2:29 AM

Dentists recommend that if a baby takes a bottle at night, it needs to be water in it, to prevent bottle rot on the teeth.Most kids wont accept that,so you might try a tablespoon worth of dry sugarfree jello in 8oz water,for a tiny bit of flavor,also good for upset tummy.(no ice)

My youngest was picking only certain meat,just like yours..Eventually he grew out of it,BUT..it caused him to be overweight.Two year olds generally like certain colors certain days...like everything green one day,but everything yellow,or orange the next.food coloring can do wonders,just be careful about red dyes.Giving in is not the answer,and feeling guilty gets you nowhere...so,stand strong,if he throws a fit,then use timeout.Then make small saucer meals,mostly fingerfoods,that you want him to eat...set them in places he can reach.Believe it or not,he will eat it when you are NOT looking,lol.Do atleast 2 saucers,different variety on each one,so he feels impowered to make his own choices.Good Luck,and let us know how this works out :o)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)