Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

people crack me up....

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2007 at 9:00 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 269 Total Views
1 mom liked this
We had a meetin gfor Operation Christmas Child the other evening and I was one of the greeters at the door along with another lady.  She kept looking at my tattoos and my nose ring and I looked at her and smiled and said, "its ok you can ask."  She was kind of taken back for a moment then started asking me question after question.  The funniest was, "I didn't know people like us could get them."  I about died laughing!!!  I asked if she ment Christians.  Every Christian she had see with tattoos got them before they were saved... not AFTER.  I told her that its a good thing that God can see my heart because people have a hard time seeing past the skin.
by on Apr. 23, 2007 at 9:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
TXmom0f4
by Member on Apr. 26, 2007 at 5:13 PM
I got my nose piercing "after", and had some comments that I wasn't in love with.   One lady felt that she would have a harder time telling her teen that it wasn't something that she should do if church members were doing it.  I said that children should do as they are asked under their parents roof, no matter how right or wrong the parents may be.  When she moves out, she can pierce her forhead if she wanted!  :) 
tat2mom
by Group Owner on Apr. 27, 2007 at 10:45 AM
That is exactly what I would tell my former pastor and his family/  We were pretty close and I was lucky enought to be able to call them friends, but he had a step-daughter that is a teenager and I could tell that he was worried that I would influnance her desistion on getting piercings and tattoos.  I told both her and them that I didn't get ANYTHING done till I was 18 and out of the house as respect for my parnets and that she should wait and do the same.  Its kind of funny, but I'm a Sunday School teacher, I run the nursery, I'm a deconess, and I'm on the Christian Education Board at my Church, and I have 5 piercings and 16 tattoos...... its nice to see that they actually see my love for the Lord and not judge me on my skin... I think that I'm one of the few lucky ones that has a mostly respectful church.
l0v3myg1rl5
by New Member on Jul. 7, 2010 at 1:55 PM

I think it is a great canvas to show off God. I all of mine are some way or another anointing my Heavenly Father and it's cool each time I get a new one I feel like I get to witness to my tattoo artist and not only do I find that a blessing she does too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)