Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Introduction

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:07 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 199 Total Views

Hi,

My name is Lucinda.  I'm 40, live in Western MA with my husband of 4 years and our 3 year old son and our 3 dogs.  I volunteer for "little church" on Sunday - it's basically babysitting for 6 months to 3 years of age while the parents are in church.  I did this so my son would have other children to play with.

I've been tattoo'd since 2001 when I got my first piece - a few months later I had it finished - it's a portrait of my first rottie female and first rottie male - one on each side of my lower back - with a "chain" in the middle.  It's gorgeous work that doesn't get seen much but was perfect since I meant the world to me and only those I wanted to see it would.  In April 2008 I got an anklet - 3 purple roses with a very nice design connecting them.  Purple is my favorite color, roses are my favorite flower and 3 symbolizes me, my husband and our son.  In May I got the start of my next tatoo - on my foot.  This is a weird one to try to describe and it's not done!  Right now it's a shoe with some "lines" and a bad chinese symbol.  When it's done, it will be a "corrected" chinese symbol.  The symbol and around the shoe will have flames - the shoe is stomping on the symbol and it burst into flames.  Out of the flames will come a cancer awareness ribbon with wings and a halo of words (faith, hope, love).  I'm hoping to have this completed in February!  My last piece I had done in July - it's a pink & purple butterfly on my wrist.  I had that one done the day I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer - the butterfly is what they call the thyroid - purple is my favorite color and the color of thyroid cancer and pink is the color of breast cancer which my favorite aunt is battling.

I noticed a definite difference in some of the mom's at "sunday school" after the anklet, since it was spring & nice weather and the sandals and capris came out.  I had the foot done after our last class before summer break, which of course doesn't matter now since it's winter.  Our first day of sunday school after summer break was a bit of a shock for some!  A few of the moms were really cool about it - asking to see it and asking questions.  Most don't say anything.  But I did notice not being talked to as much by some of the other mom helpers as before the wrist.  I don't try to flaunt it but I certainly don't hide it.  If someone is going to judge me by that, then I don't want to know them anyway.  I'm more then just ink.  It's very frustrating to hear people talk about women's "tramp stamps" as if that's all it is!!!! 

At least my son won't grow up with those prejudices and preconceived notions.  He's been exposed to my ink from the start.  He doesn't get freaked out or anything to see them.  I remember when he first saw my back.  I was looking for a toy under the couch for him and my shirt road up a bit and he saw it.  He lifted my shirt and pointed saying doggie.  He used to lift my shirt and give doggie kisses for the longest time.  It was very cute.  He doesn't bother with it now but loves the butterfly.

I still want more ...  I fond a nice necklace that gave me an idea for a new one - I just have to find the right images, scale and place to put it!!  It will be a bible, praying hands, cross and possibly rosary.  I want something written on the pages of the bible - I just have to decide what.  Any suggestions?

Look forward to chatting with you all!

Lucinda

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Larrami
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 4:59 PM

Welcome, Lucinda!  Your tats all sound very nice, I'd love to see pics.

Karen_Elaine
by on Dec. 25, 2008 at 11:18 PM

Hi, everyone! I'm Karen. Stay-at-home wife to Brad and mom to Laine. We live in Mississippi.

I have two tattoos...one is a a dogwood flower in the shape of a cross on my back (pink) and the other is a pink lady bug in the shape of a heart of my right foot.

I look forward to getting to know you all!!

Karen McKay

Karen McKay
in lovegirl on a swingpuppy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)