Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What kind of Bible do you use?

Posted by on Mar. 10, 2009 at 3:41 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 532 Total Views

Poll

Question: What kind of Bible do you use?

Options:

King James

NIV

NLT

Amplified

Other

None

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 34

View Results

What kind of Bible do you use and why?

the b fam

by on Mar. 10, 2009 at 3:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bonn777
by Member on Mar. 10, 2009 at 6:35 PM

I had to vote other because I use various versions - NASB, Complete Jewish Bible, and Amplified when studying - the NASB is the closest translation to the original language, Amplified gives multiple definitions of different words... when just reading I use New Living Translation because of it's ease of reading, and when at church New King James... it's what the pastor uses and easier to follow.  Also, grew up on King James but now prefer New King James due to easier to read.

mommy_tl
by on May. 8, 2009 at 2:57 PM

I chose NIV because that is the bible i use the most often for my personal bible study, I also use the Message because it's so easy to understand. I actually have a NIV/Message parallel bible. It's the one I use most.

Tamara.... 26, mom of 3 (05/03, 03/06, 04/07) & 1 angel (04/05)... married to James since October 2001.

JLee07
by on Jul. 7, 2009 at 11:14 AM

I chose OTHER because I have 2 different versions.  I have the King James Version & the New American Standard.  I do like the King James, but the language is confusing.  I have the NASB because I can understand it MUCH better, they have the words of Christ in Red, & that's the version the Pastor uses & it's easier to follow. What's cool about my church is that all the members have the version that they like & we aren't require to all have the same one.

I just purchased the NASB Wide Margin Study Bible & it's supposed to come in tomorrow.

my-baby-james
by New Member on Jul. 8, 2009 at 7:39 AM

I use the ESV..the English Standard Version...it is thus far the most accurate because it is translated word for word where as versions like the American Standard and NIV are translated by what they think certain paragraphs meant to say.

MomOfDagJag
by on Apr. 25, 2010 at 2:55 AM

My Favorite is my Sword Of The Lord KJV! In the old testament the words of God are in red and in the new testament the words of Christ are in red

AuroraAFA
by New Member on Nov. 8, 2010 at 12:48 PM

If you haven't checked out BibleGateway.org, it is great.  You can choose any version you wish and they break it up into daily readings for you.  It is way easier than carrying a Bible around with you, especially when you are on vacation and since i have internet on my phone I can pull it up wherever I am.  I am two months away from completing the NIV and am considering reading The Message next year. 

tel4him
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 6:48 AM

I used New King James for my personal study. The church we attend uses NIV.

Beautiful31mom
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 6:50 AM

We use both NIV and NLT.Our Family bible is NIV the boys bibles are NLT I think, Mine is NIV. My Husband prefers NLT, it is easier to read. 

jyofray
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:20 AM

I have several Bibles so I am not exactly sure which is which.. I know one is the King James... Which is the one that is easier to understand? I'd like to get it. I have to look up a lot of the verses online to fully grasp what the chapter is about....is that bad? lol 

Cynt1020
by New Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 7:34 AM

nkj

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)