Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The 23rd officially

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 5:23 PM
  • 14 Replies
  • 305 Total Views
Ok i am going to make it official. We are meeting at the river run park under skinners butte on Saturday. Time is up to you, I will be there from 11 til 3 or 4 depending on the weather and my 4 year old. Food is optional but I can not bring enough for everyone. I will be the mom with the baby and a four year old and a safari stroller....maybe have a blanket and bubbles....I am kinda shy so just come say hi to me...at least make your presence known.

If you are comming please respond to this post by letting us known when you will be there, how many kids you are bringing and their ages and how we will know you. thanks~ Jolene

You can always smell the roses when you are running with them in your hand.

by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 5:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaK11
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 6:35 PM
Fun!  We will try to be there in between naps!  Is it Ok if my husband comes along?  He works during the week so it's really hard for him to leave Caden during the weekend.  I'll update once I figure out what's happening this weekend.  It would be fun to meet all these Lane County moms!
fragglerockette
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 7:23 PM
I will be there probably around noonish. I am bringing my two muchkins Sunshine is 5 1/2 and Brody is 20 months. We all look forward to seeing you I might have a tan and brown stroller but if not I have red hair and my son has a mohawk!
Maksmama
by Group Admin on Jun. 21, 2007 at 5:14 AM
Yeah you forgot they can tell you by your car Shelia! LOL! I love that thing!

Saturday it will most likely be my fiance, my SIL, maybe my brother, My 15 month old son (Mak), my nephews and neice (Ethan 5, Kali 3, Wyatt 2), and my self.... I may be able to talk my sister into going..... If so thats 2 more kids.... Dunno yet havent got to talk to her yet..... Like I said I can bring some snacks... I dunno what time we will be there. I dont get up till like 10, blame it on pregnancy..... But I will be there as early as I can. I was at the park today it was cool. We should take over the sand and the river so all the kids get water. The darn big boys like to dam it and keep the water for themselves.... LOL!  Hope to see lots of moms there. If you go to my page and see my sons pics youll know us when you see him!

Kayla

highbrassduo
by on Jun. 21, 2007 at 12:15 PM
I might come, but I'm not sure. I have a 4 week old son that screams like a banshee most of the day so I'm pretty nervous about taking him and my rambunctious 2 year old places by myself. They each need their own person to take care of them. My husband works Saturdays so until we have a meetup on a Sunday, I'll probably never be able to come!

If I'm there, you'll know me by the newborn and the 2 year old I suppose. We all have brown hair and my son will have on black sandals that have those lights when he walks... LOL I may bring my friend Tammy who has a 16 month old so that she can help me control both kids. I wish I could get a handle on this two kids under two years old mothering thing!

A mother is up from son up til son down. Who knew that was the better part of 24 hours?
2kds2dgs1hsbnd
by on Jun. 21, 2007 at 12:20 PM
i am very interested in attending. i just said it out loud and my 4 year old is jumping up and down. (the boy has been asking about me finding play groups) i will have a 1 1/2 yr. with me as well and a blue stroller. i am hoping my husband will be with me too as i have no idea where this is or how to get there. i can bring some paper plates and a bunch of watermelon for the kids. i will probally be there around 11:30. thanks everyone!
Jleu22
by Group Owner on Jun. 21, 2007 at 5:56 PM
Directions to the park, easiest way.

comming from 126/ Coburg Rd twords ferry street. Cross Ferry Street bridge and take the 3rd st exit (take a right, right off the bridge). Approx. 2 blocks turn right on High street. High street turns left and turns into Cheshire Ave....you can't miss the park on the right and there is tons of parking.

comming from campus or south west Eugene wether you get to 6th street via Franklin Blvd or 7th street.....locate High street and go north (High is a one way street anyway) landmark to know you are going the right way...you will pass 5th street market and rr tracks, take high all the way up the hill...it turns left turning into Cheshire Ave. Can't miss the park, on the right.

You can always smell the roses when you are running with them in your hand.

sammi666
by on Jun. 21, 2007 at 6:45 PM
i'll try to come i dont know were that is so i'll ask a friend and she might come along with her 2 1/2 year old too. i'm finaly free so i can do anything i want.

i will be there hopfuly around noon i'll be the one with pink hair and a really big 41/2 month old. 
Maksmama
by Group Admin on Jun. 21, 2007 at 10:29 PM
Glad to see this may be a big turn out!!! Dont forget ladies sunblock... If any one can bring extra that would be super great... i still havent been able to find my sons... He has burned once already....

Kayla

bbmd2b
by on Jun. 22, 2007 at 1:33 AM
I will be there! I have 3 kids.. Noah 7, Abby 5 and Emma 4... What should I bring?
Maksmama
by Group Admin on Jun. 22, 2007 at 2:04 PM
I am gonna post a list of good things to bring for the park meet up tomorrow..... Since we are just doin what ever i say munchies and drinks... We can do a picnic BBQ at another more informed one! LOL!

Kayla

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)