Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PLEASE HELP NEED ADVICE!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:28 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 254 Total Views

Hi there just need some help please. My son is 7 months right now and i am starting my plans for his first birthday now. i need help finding the location to have it at. I need a place that meets the following requirements:

• allows about 30-50 people (about 10 which will be kids under 5)
  • has things for kids ages 1-5 to do and be entertained (play areas)
  • allows outside food (unless they have good food), thinking about having it catered
  • would be nice to have a private room for all the people that comes
  • space obviously
  • not too expensive

papa's is a great example of what i am looking for, but we are looking for a place that the kids can play together and not like 50 kids screaming and running around, a lil more private. i was interested at "minds in motion" over on harlow but it is sooooooo spendy! for that many people and they do the food and drinks so we can't do it. i was thinking about getting like olive garden or Hole in the wall to cater, i will provide all decorations, drinks, ect.  i need it to meet all the requirements though especially a place for the children to play. if you know of a place that is reasonably priced or any good alter ideas PLEASE reply, i can use the help!

thanks everyone!

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
grneyedormom
by Group Admin on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:13 PM

Minds in Motion is no longer in business.

What I would recommend is renting a community room or something at one of the local parks. That way then you can have catering come in. For a party that large I can't really think of any place locally that doesn't offer food to purchase.

Roaring Rapids Pizza Parlor, has large rooms, and a carousel. Plus some arcade games. Large outdoor area as well if the weather is nice when the party is happening too.

Putters, on Hwy. 99 (Has a large room behind the putt-putt golf and has a play area, plus pretty good pizza.

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
Sayasmom
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:30 PM

I just had my LO's 1st birthday.  We had about 40 people (12 kids).  We had it at Roaring Rapids Pizza.  It has a play area, to a point, but they have a wonderful FREE carousel, with rides every 15 minutes I think.   Their pizzas are kind of spendy, but if you place a pre-order you get 10% off.  The room is free.  There is a private room across from the carousel that holds about 50 or so people.  When you call for reservations ask for that room.  I hope that gives you an idea. 

mnarain
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:59 PM

thank you guys!!

wisegrandma
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 1:45 PM
You might want to try your local church or school. Can't think of anyplace that has play areas for kids that is private - at least one that you wouldn't have to dip into the college fund.
That's What A Wise Grandma Would Do!
MommaIrish
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 5:29 PM

I agree with the community room, Emerald Park of Maxwell has a good sized one.

Also, have you looked into All That And More in West Eugene?

Yvonne

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)