Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Childcare Costs

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2010 at 1:21 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 4046 Total Views

We will be moving to the northwest area of Fort Wayne in late August.  I am trying to get an idea of how much childcare costs.  If anyone has some input on weekly cost for home daycares, daycare centers, and nannies, please share. 

I have placed and responded to several ads on Craigslist.  Nannies have responded with $3 per hour per child, $7 an hour, $12 an hour, and $15 an hour.  Home daycares that I have found are charging as little as $65 a week to about $120 a week in the more expensive areas (SW and NW).  Am I on the right track? 

Thanks

by on Apr. 28, 2010 at 1:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
SnowboardMama4
by on Apr. 29, 2010 at 9:06 AM

I found my children's current childcare through craigslist :)  We pay $85/week for each child at the home daycare.  At the old home daycare is was $95 per child, and at the daycare center it was $135 per child.. So yes it varies but it's usually right around those prices!

ginipassionlady
by Member on Apr. 29, 2010 at 9:43 PM

You can check with the early childhood alliance group.  They have a database that searches based on type of childcare, licencing and registration, cost, location and LOTS more.  Good luck on your search

gagegang
by New Member on May. 2, 2010 at 2:24 PM

I pay 5 bucks a hour for some one to come to my home to watch my 16 month old. I live on the north east side.

2bigbadbooyz
by New Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 8:53 AM
Actually the average cost through Early childhood alliance is $3-5 per hrs. I charge $120 per wk for 1-2 kids...Guardian angel daycare for more info. Look for my forum...On internet the average for our area is $3-7 per hr...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)