Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Child Birth - Fort Wayne Hospitals

Posted by on Sep. 13, 2011 at 7:34 AM
  • 14 Replies
  • 953 Total Views

Hello! I am new to the area and am pregnant! I was wondering if any moms here had any opinions/experiences at the local hospitals, for child birth. Thanks!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

by on Sep. 13, 2011 at 7:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommaof2_girls
by Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:37 AM

I used Dupont with my first and Parkview with my second. Both were good hospitals but I liked Dupont better (and you can get food anytime you want!)

newfound09
by New Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:39 AM
Sorry im not much help I drove to Muncie for all my care. I didn't like what I experienced with my care in fw.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eks0127
by New Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:44 PM

Thanks Ladies :)

damana
by New Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:24 PM
I delivered my 2 daughers at Lutheran and I loved , their food is very good and also you can get any time you want , the nurses are nice , the rooms are very big and they always keep clean , the other person who said she drove over a hour to get hers care because she did not Like FW care makes me wonder
why ?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Meltopia529
by Member on Sep. 16, 2011 at 1:30 PM

I LOVED Dupont sooo much!!! The nurses were great, and the food was too! I got a huge chocolate chip cookie at 3 am! AND they let me eat the morning before giving birth and within minutes of having my son I was on the phone getting a cheeseburger! (I had to be induced). Good luck it's such an exciting time!!!

sigmond4
by New Member on Sep. 30, 2011 at 11:48 PM

I had my daughter at St. Joe and my son at Parkveiw North. St. Joe was horrilbe, Parkveiw was alot better, also I have heard good things about Luthern. But Parkveiw really made me feel comfortable, and my 19 month old daughter got  to meet her little brother the same day he was born!giving mom gift

sigmond4
by New Member on Oct. 1, 2011 at 12:25 AM

At Parkveiw I was able to get food when ever also. I wanted to go to Dupont but my OB is the head Ob at Parkveiw and it was always there and the odds for her to deliver Ben there would be better.

Jenni386
by New Member on Oct. 14, 2011 at 4:15 PM

i had dd at dupont and ds1 at parkview i loved both places. food whenever you wanted and great care! also if you have a baby that needs to go to the nicu parkview north is EXCELENT!!!!! not saying that its a good thing that baby might have to go to the nicu but the nurses are amazing and i just can't say enough good things about them.

orange4agua72
by Member on Nov. 28, 2011 at 11:46 AM

I had 5 kids at Parkview :) One downtown and 4 at the north place. I LOVED ALL the care I got! Everyone was pleasant and helpful :) And the NICU ABSOLUTELY ROCKS (We had a 5 weeks stay with one child and a 1 week stay with another)

Sarlinda
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 7:52 AM

I had my oldest dd at st. joe and my youngest at lutheran hospital. I loved both places. My oldest dd had to stay in NICU for a month and I loved the nurses who took care of her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)