• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Was DH wrong? (PIOG)

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:56 AM
  • 0 Replies
  • 196 Total Views

Poll

Question: Was DH wrong?

Options:

Yes

No

Other. leave comment below

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 0

To give you a little backstory: BM and DH have 50/50 physical and legal custody of their two kids. SS is almost 7 years old and has been having weekly platelet treatments since he was a year old. He was a Make A Wish child and in the local papers for his condition. In the last couple of months, they figured out what the cause was. He was diagnosed with Wiskott Aldrich Syndrome. BM freaked out cause she had thought and blamed DH for SS's condition since she had a older daughter that wasn't affected. DH at the time didn't have any other kids. So with the diagnosis came the realization that it was a genetic disorder passed down from the mother. The only cure is a bone marrow transplant. He is scheduled to begin prep for the transplant next month. The hospital is 4 hours away. BM, DH, myself, and DH's parents will be taking turns being with SS in the hospital. He has to be in there a minimum of 4-6 months.

Here is the issue:

DH and myself use facebook to talk to friends and family (DH has my family on his and I have his family on mine). These are all people that will want to know what is going on with Mykel and his condition while he is in the hospital. To make it easier DH had me set up a page off of my facebook page to be able to keep everyone informed. Sent BM an invitation to it (didn't think anything of it she is on both mine and DH's friend list) She calls my phone (i am the one she normally talks to) furious about the page. I asked her what was wrong with it and explained what it was for. She said that DH didnt get her permission and that she didnt want all that information public. Mind you everything that I posted was information that was in the newspaper for the Make A Wish trip other than the fact of the name of his condition because it before he was diagnosed. She also knows that DH uses his status to let all of his family and friends know anyway and didnt have a problem with it. DH doesnt see where we did anything wrong. He thinks she is upset cause if people know the name of the disorder they can look it up and see that it is passed from the mother plus the fact that he had me do it off of my page. Reason I did it that way is because I am going to be on the computer the most to be able to give status updates. So do you think DH was wrong?

Here is the link so you can judge the page for yourself.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Please-pray-for-Mykel-Datko/289679565519?ref=ts

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)