Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She did it.......but

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 9:27 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 242 Total Views

My daughter who just turned 4 today did poop in the potty at last a couple of days ago.  We were sooo excited and had tears of joy.  But, now she wants a diaper again.  She cries for it.  Do your children have any problem after their first success?

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 9:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Andrewsmom70
by Group Owner on Oct. 13, 2009 at 11:43 AM

How long have you been potty training her?

How long has she been fully pee trained without messes?

Masako8817
by on Oct. 13, 2009 at 3:15 PM

Hi!

I have been potty training her for 1 year and half.  She was pee trained last January.  She is beginning to constipate.  It's so hard to watch her suffer.

cage0101
by on Oct. 13, 2009 at 3:17 PM

trying to potty train my son now, she will get it good luck

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
Andrewsmom70
by Group Owner on Oct. 13, 2009 at 5:43 PM

Other than this last time, has she ever gone poop on the toilet or has she been having poop issues from the beginning?

Has she always had problems with constipation?

Is she hiding to go poop typically?

What all have you done to try to get her trained?

Masako8817
by on Oct. 14, 2009 at 12:03 AM

Quoting Andrewsmom70:

Other than this last time, has she ever gone poop on the toilet or has she been having poop issues from the beginning?

Has she always had problems with constipation?

Is she hiding to go poop typically?

What all have you done to try to get her trained?

She never done in the potty before this last time.  Before, we tried by telling her "no more diapers".  She held without going to bathroom for a few days and became constipated.  She never had constipation before and after.  She sure hide herself when she goes.  It's silly sometimes.  We tried by talking, showing some video, reading books and telling "no more diapers".  I told her to "toot in the potty."  That seemed to help, and she did the first poop in the potty.

This afternoon, she was crying and crying, but we didn't give in.  Then, she did it again in the potty!  I gave her stool softener this morning.  That worked.  May be too much.  At the end, she was having diarrhea.  But, She did it again and again.  She may cry again tomorrow, bust we are confident she can do it now.  Thank you for responding to my post.

Andrewsmom70
by Group Owner on Oct. 14, 2009 at 12:35 AM

A lot of times you have to play around a bit with the stool softners to get them the right amount. :-)

You may also want to try giving her privacy when she needs to poop.  If she's hiding to poop most times then she might want privacy.  A lot of kids want/need privacy right from the beginning. 

Try blowing bubbles to see if that will relax her and take her mind off of what she's sitting for. :-)

Masako8817
by on Oct. 14, 2009 at 2:42 PM

Thank you.  I will try the bubble trick.  I am also giving her apple juice instead of stool softener.  That may be easier  on her system.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)