• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP! MY SON WON'T GO......

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:27 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 247 Total Views

Hello everyone! My name is Krista and I have a 2 year old son, Zack, who will be 3 in February. We have been trying to get him potty trained- but it's going nowhere. He is not interested at all, well- here's the thing. If we are outside playing and he has to go, he will walk behind a tree and pee, but he won't pee in the potty inside. He will pee in his pull up. I have even put big boy underwear on him inside hoping that if he pees himself wearing the underwear he will feel how uncomfortable it is and will decide to pee in the potty- but that didn't work either. I don't know what else to do!

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Andrewsmom70
by Group Owner on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:05 AM

Go underwear only all the time except MAYBE bedtime.  Don't bouce back and forth between underwear and pull ups/diapers during the daytime.

This is what I recommend: http://www.cafemom.com/group/562/forums/read/4235060/3_Day_Potty_Training_Post.  It's what I used with my son when he was 23 months old and it worked great for us.

Also, I'd stop him from peeing outside like that.  It's a bad habit to get into and although it's ok at home, it's not behavior you want him doing elsewhere. 

Let me know if you have questions.

ausibaylil
by on Dec. 19, 2009 at 1:21 PM

I have a two year old boy and two older boys as well! With my other two I threw cheerios in the toilet for them to pee on! I have just started with my lil one, and he also seems to think that this is a fun thing to do! I have also just bought a bunch of Cars stickers for a potty chart, we keep it in the bathroom and when he pees he gets one and when he poops he gets two.  He loves to put the stickers on all by himself!

sleigh

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)