Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

One week into training and now diarrhea, WTD?

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:14 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 251 Total Views

Addie started the 3-day method last Monday and is doing awesome for pee. She has yet to poop in the potty. She normally has formed/solid BMs, either one a day or one every other day. When she's gone in her undies, I take her to the potty and plunk the poop in as I'm helping her sit down. She knows what poop is and, before PT, she would come to me immediately after pooping and say "Poop, yucky!"" and then lay down for a diaper change.

Yesterday she had a runny BM in the morning. She had another one this morning and then diarrhea during her nap. I am tired of cleaning up these yucky messes. If she truly has a tummy bug and continues to have diarrhea, what should I do? Has anyone encountered this problem before? I do not want to put her in pullups or diapers as they will derail the great progress she has made. Is it ok to keep her in undies and deal with the nasty messes?

Jessie (28)
Aidan, ASD and SPD dx
Addie, NT

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Andrewsmom70
by Group Owner on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:47 PM

Stick with the nasty underwear as long as you can.  You are totally right in the understanding that it's important to keep her in the underwear now that she's doing so well with using the potty for pee.

Hopefully the loose stool will go away soon!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)