Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any tips on training 2 yrs old twins? Please help at my wits end!!

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 7:34 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 238 Total Views

I have been trying to use the 3 day potty training but with twins its hard to keep and eye on both of them.  Any one have any tips on this?  I had one that would try but has not stopped and the other wants nothing to do with the potty at all.  He runs when I try to change his diaper and would stay in a wet diaper if I didn't make him change it.  They are almost 3 and I want them to go to the pre-k class but they won't take them unless they are potty trained.  Any help would be great.

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 7:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
cvwright21
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 11:57 AM

cereal throw it into the toilet and tell them to aim. they will think it is a game and want to play it all the time. that is how my mom trained all of the boys in her Day care. and how my Aunt train her three boy two being twins 

Andrewsmom70
by Group Owner on Feb. 21, 2010 at 3:47 PM

Honestly, a lot of moms with twins have found that training one at a time works best.  If truth be told, I think the biggest key to potty training is consistancy and as you have learned, you can't be totally consistant with either child if you are trying to train them both at the same time.

What I recommend is to get someone (family, close friend, etc.) to take one of the twins for a few days (at least during the daytime) and then you can totally focus all your attention with one child and then after the 3 days, or the next weekend or whatever, switch twins and let the person take the potty trained one so you can train the other one.

MsMarlene
by on Feb. 22, 2010 at 11:58 PM

Thanks for the advice!  I will try the cheerios they might like that!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)