Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 yr old will not poop on pottty

Posted by on Oct. 24, 2010 at 7:11 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 509 Total Views

My som is three years old and has been pee trained for a bout a year and we still can not get him to poop in the potty.  Hen will pee in it but will go hide and poop in his underware.  he knows he has to and just wont.  any ideas would be great i am at my wits end

by on Oct. 24, 2010 at 7:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Andrewsmom70
by Group Owner on Oct. 25, 2010 at 5:40 PM

I recommend putting him into a cold shower each time he poops on himself.  Let him know that you have to clean him up and you are going to do it in a cold shower.  If you do it every single time, more than likely he'll get the picture pretty quickly.  Plus, make it understood that his choice to poop on himself results in the cold shower.  It's not punishment.  It's a consequence for his choice.

rachydi253
by on Nov. 17, 2010 at 4:59 PM

Quoting Andrewsmom70:

I recommend putting him into a cold shower each time he poops on himself.  Let him know that you have to clean him up and you are going to do it in a cold shower.  If you do it every single time, more than likely he'll get the picture pretty quickly.  Plus, make it understood that his choice to poop on himself results in the cold shower.  It's not punishment.  It's a consequence for his choice.

What do you do if the child actually likes the cold shower?  I'm in the same boat as the OP with my DD. 

Andrewsmom70
by Group Owner on Nov. 18, 2010 at 5:16 PM

Quoting rachydi253:

Quoting Andrewsmom70:

What do you do if the child actually likes the cold shower?  I'm in the same boat as the OP with my DD. 

Look at the top of this forum and look for the POOP JAIL information.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
farm_mom03
by on Nov. 30, 2010 at 5:36 PM

Thanks ladies for all the help.  He just started going in and doing it all on his own.  He was been doing it for a week now.  We are so happy

Andrewsmom70
by Group Owner on Dec. 1, 2010 at 10:45 PM

Congrats! :-)

momofdavid
by on Dec. 5, 2010 at 10:40 PM

I have been struggeling with my 3 yr old DS to poop in the potty and he just won`t he will bring me a pull up to put on and go hide, it kills me that all the work i went through and had him competely trained for his gramma to put him back in diapers!

Andrewsmom70
by Group Owner on Dec. 7, 2010 at 7:38 PM

Quoting momofdavid:

I have been struggeling with my 3 yr old DS to poop in the potty and he just won`t he will bring me a pull up to put on and go hide, it kills me that all the work i went through and had him competely trained for his gramma to put him back in diapers!

Does grandma keep him on a regular basis?

What did she say when you explained that he was fully trained and didn't need diapers?

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
mngirl56007
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:55 PM

Im having the same problem :( hope to get some answers on that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)