Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3yr old potty issue

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2010 at 11:26 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 412 Total Views

My 3 yr old son seems scared to go on the potty chair, he will sit and pee but wont poop, and when i try to put underwear on him he wigs out then runs and sits back on the potty but wont go at all.

by on Oct. 27, 2010 at 11:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Andrewsmom70
by Group Owner on Oct. 27, 2010 at 10:12 PM

How long has he been fully pee trained without messes?

Is the profile picture recent or is it the child you are trying to train?

Kittie-mom-of-2
by on Oct. 28, 2010 at 8:06 AM

He has been pee trained for about a week now.  the photo is of my 2nd child he is not being potty trained yet.

Andrewsmom70
by Group Owner on Oct. 28, 2010 at 11:14 PM

Quoting Kittie-mom-of-2:

He has been pee trained for about a week now.  the photo is of my 2nd child he is not being potty trained yet.

Poop training almost always takes longer than pee training. It's different muscles and different feelings for the "need to go poop" than the "need to pee" so there's no need to get too worried just yet. :-)

I was asking about the photo because if the 2nd child was still tiny like that, it could be affecting potty training for the older child.  How old is the baby?

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Kittie-mom-of-2
by on Nov. 16, 2010 at 11:49 PM

sorry been awhile since i have been online. The baby in the photo is over a year. The potty training is going more smoothly now, he puts his underwear on, and has been pooping in the big potty for about a week now. he has had a few little accidents but nothing major =)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN