Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need some help...

Posted by on Nov. 23, 2010 at 3:40 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 403 Total Views

Well, my son has been fully potty trained (daytime and nighttime) since the end of July.  Now, the few weeks he's been wetting his bed at night pretty frequently.  We've taken away liquids from about 2 hours before bedtime and that helps sometimes but not all the time.  I don't know why he's having problems now and didn't when we first potty trained him.  It's not like he's sleeping deeper so he's forgetting to wake up, because he's very rarely done that, he's just gone potty before bed, then right when he woke up and was fine.  I'm really nervous too that it's just going to continue because our 2nd son is due anytime now and I'm worried about my 2 1/2 year old regressing.  Is there anything else I can do besides taking away liquids a few hours before bedtime?  I really want this problem to go away before #2 arrives.

by on Nov. 23, 2010 at 3:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
JuJu389
by on Nov. 23, 2010 at 3:44 PM

try making him go right before bed and if necessary wake him in the middle of the night and try to make him go as long as he is still dry

LittleGirlMom
by Group Admin on Nov. 23, 2010 at 8:21 PM

I would take my DD during the night time even if she didn't wake up.

Andrewsmom70
by Group Owner on Nov. 23, 2010 at 10:24 PM

I agree- wake him up at night maybe right before you go to bed or if you get up in the night to go yourself.

Have you checked to try to pinpoint when the wetting is being done?  Maybe he's waking up and wetting and just not wanting to get out of the bed in the morning to go? Some kids go thru that as a phase.

Other times, kids that are getting sick sometimes have some issues with potty training.

imapepper
by on Nov. 23, 2010 at 10:50 PM

We're going to try this out tonight.  Usually though, it seems like he wets the bed just before he wakes up in the morning.  I'll go check on him in the middle of the night and he's fine and even go check on him if I'm up before he is and he'll be fine.  But, the majority of the time he wakes up before we do and comes in our room at about 6:30 or 7 crying because he just wet the bed.

Quoting LittleGirlMom:

I would take my DD during the night time even if she didn't wake up.

Kittie-mom-of-2
by on Dec. 13, 2010 at 9:30 PM

this is what i do with my son and it has been working, i have him go before bed then wake him just before i go to bed.

Quoting JuJu389:

try making him go right before bed and if necessary wake him in the middle of the night and try to make him go as long as he is still dry

JakeysMommy0127
by on Jan. 10, 2011 at 12:24 PM

I would attempt waking him up before you go to bed, as long as he is dry. If it seems he is doing it right before he wakes up in the morning, then I would wake him up and have him go around that time. Getting him into the routine of waking up at that time (even if it means you getting up around that time also, which sucks. I know. I had to do this for a week or two with my son) will hopefully help him with the bed wetting. It did with my Peanut. Hope this helps.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)