Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Serious Help Needed!!!!

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2011 at 7:32 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 508 Total Views

My daughter is 3 yrs old and uses the potty. However she fails to wipe and flush especially after pooping. She knows she is suppose to do it. I have tried visual aids, demos, talking. I don't know what to do and i tired of buying new panties. Any tips? Please help I don't want to lose my cool.

by on Jan. 15, 2011 at 7:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
poppys_mommy
by on Jan. 16, 2011 at 12:02 PM

I wish I had a suggestion for you but my LO is younger so we haven't encountered this.  It must be so frustrating.  Good luck!

Andrewsmom70
by Group Owner on Jan. 16, 2011 at 3:21 PM

Have you made her clean her own poopy underwear? Meaning, have you taken her hands in yours and have her help you clean the nasty, poopy underwear out?  If not, try it.  It may gross her out enough to make her get on track.

Do you have wipes for her to use along with toilet paper?  She might do better with wipes, some kids do.

Do you let her pick out what underwear she wears?  If not, start letting her do it. Let her go with you to the store to pick out some packs she wants and let her know that if she doesn't wipe and poop is in them, you are going to throw them away. Then, may her watch you throw them in the trash and make a big deal about how you are so sorry about having to throw her favorite underwear into the trash, etc.

Have you tried putting her into a cold shower to clean her up after one of her non-wiping incidents?  You may want to try that too.  Let her know that cold shower is going to happen every single time she poops and doesn't wipe. Then follow through with the threat.  Let her know the cold shower is because she is making the choice not to wipe. You have to sell it as a consequence to not wiping, not as a punishment.

LilysMom401
by on Feb. 16, 2011 at 2:18 PM

Is she in daycare or home only? If she has any other caregiver I'd ask them if she does this with them, or if they have talked to her about it.  My daughter is younger, but she likes to pretend to change her stuffed animals diapers...maybe mimic pooping in the potty with her favorite doll/stuffed animal and watch for her reaction when the doll wipes or doesn't wipe, this could give you some ideas for motivating her. 

Good luck!!

Jenni

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN