Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Poopie issue with my son.

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2011 at 5:42 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 495 Total Views
1 mom liked this
We started potty training my son a few months ago and so far he is doing great. He`s in underwear during the day- (but he still pees in his sleep-so he wears a pull-up at night.) However, the problem is that he doesn`t always tell us when he has to poop and poops in his underwear. He`s almost always dry...but when it comes to #2, he doesn`t go on the potty too often. Advice?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 22, 2011 at 5:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Andrewsmom70
by Group Owner on Jan. 22, 2011 at 9:56 PM

Does he seem to poop at the same time every day or is it hit or miss?

What I'd do is basically stalk him a few days and when it appears he's going to poop, get him to the toilet ASAP. Remind him poop goes in the toilet, etc. 

Poop success usually comes later since we poop a whole lot less each day than we do pee. So it takes a little longer to become successful. Plus, it's different muscles for poop and a different feeling of "need to poop" than "need to pee".  Keep working, he'll get it. :-)

ashleyakamommy
by on Jan. 23, 2011 at 10:17 AM

Yeah it's usually hit and miss with him. But thanks for the advice. I'll try to make sure I know before he goes and get him to the toilet. Hopefully then he'll get it.

tiki77
by on Jan. 25, 2011 at 5:00 PM

I am in the same position.  He goes #1 all the time on the pootty.  Only has pooped once on the potty  and I think it was just pure luck.  He goes poop in his undies everyday and I am getting frustrated!  We are only 3 weeks in though so I am hoping some miracle happens and he decided to go on the potty.  I'll let you know if I find something that works!

ashleyakamommy
by on Feb. 5, 2011 at 5:29 PM

Well, he's doing better now--but he's still hit and miss. I guess it just gets better with age.

Andrewsmom70
by Group Owner on Feb. 6, 2011 at 2:45 PM

Quoting ashleyakamommy:

Well, he's doing better now--but he's still hit and miss. I guess it just gets better with age.

Are you offering a treat when he is successful?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
ashleyakamommy
by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 5:33 PM

Yep he gets 2 m&ms when he goes #2. 1 treat when he goes #1.

Andrewsmom70
by Group Owner on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:04 PM

How old is he?

How do you deal with the poop messes?

ashleyakamommy
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 10:09 PM

He's 2 -- he'll be 3 in April. We just tell him that he needs to tell us when he has to go, that it's not a big boy thing to poop his pants, etc. If we can save his underwear we do, if not we tell him that we have to throw them away, and he usually has a fit, but it it's too stained, then...gotta do what you gotta do. And even if he goes pee in the potty after an accident he still doesn't get a treat since he did mess his underwear.

Andrewsmom70
by Group Owner on Feb. 11, 2011 at 7:34 PM

Does he ever initiate going poop on his own?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)