Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Big girl in denial.

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:00 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 587 Total Views
My daughter annabelle has shown intrest in potty training since she was about eighteen months old. She caught on very quickly, however, just as quickly she lost intrest. My husband and I didn't start to push the Issue until she turned two and we found out we were pregnant. Once again she caught on very quickly. Now she is almost three years old and cant decide whether she wants to be a big girl or not. She goes weeks with out one accident; not even at night. And then suddenly she just decides she doesn't want to be a big girl any more. I realize alot of this has to do with the arrival of her sister(she told me that sissy pees in her diaper and so can she), but surely there is something I can do to put an end to this!
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mna_823
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 12:14 PM

Maybe a reward system, or sticker chart?  I know that "big girl panties" were a huge draw for my DD.  There's a mom on here who came up with the jewelry idea, have her earn beads for a necklace, and then as time goes on make each bead harder to earn.  Good luck!

maggiebelle606
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 4:07 PM
We tried the potty chart, worked for a little while. We also tried rewards such as a piece of candy and then a toy at the end of the week. But the necklace idea is an awesome idea! I bet she will like that!
Andrewsmom70
by Group Owner on Apr. 1, 2011 at 10:58 PM

If the necklace idea doesn't work, the next step I'd recommend is putting her into a cool/lukewarm shower every time she makes a mess.  It may sound mean but if she knows what she's doing and is doing it on purpose, a negative consequence might help her get the point.  It's not a punishment per se.  Just tell her that if she makes the choice not to go potty, she's also making a choice to get a shower to clean her up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)