Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My daughter is 3 still doesnt go to the potty...omg!!!

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:30 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 321 Total Views

Please help!!!!!! My daughter is as cute as a button but when it comes to the potty she is not concerned. Now i havent been consistant enough so thats my fault but she NEVER goes #2 in the potty. It seems like her stool is not watery but soft so even when she tries it doesnt come all the way out or smushes on her bottom. Sorry to be graffic lol. If anyone has any tips on the best methods  PLEASE let me know, Im willing to try almost anything!!!

Spryte  : )

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Andrewsmom70
by Group Owner on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:50 AM

Make her clean up her poopy underwear.  A lot of times that gets kids into using the toilet very quickly.

Put her into a cool/lukewarm shower to clean her up when she poops on herself. 

Have you tried any sort of rewards?

If she's really into her underwear and loves the ones with characters, you can tell her that if she poops in them you'll throw them away and make her wear the plain white, boring ones.  Then, when she does poop in them, throw them away (at least let her see you put them in the trash) then later when she's not looking, you can pull them out and clean them up for later.  Give her one pair of character undies a day and if she poops them, it's white undies the rest of the day.

Or, if she's a girly girl and likes jewelry, you can buy one of those kid friendly jewelry making kits and each time she poops in the potty you can give her a bead for her necklace or bracelet.  Once she gets enough beads, she gets to wear it as long as she's pooping in the toilet.  If she poops her pants, she has to go a full day (or however long you decide) to earn it back.

davoswoman
by on Apr. 10, 2009 at 6:34 PM

I don't have a helpful reply, but I feel for you.  I have twin girls who will be three on the 26th and they just don't want to potty train.  My "younger" one will do well for part of the day pee wise but will never poop and then by the end of the day she won't do it anymore at all.  My "older" one is smaller and is slightly behind and just doesn't want to do it.  It is a fight 90% of the time.  I am at a loss.  I am going to visit my mom in CA for a few weeks this summer and she has tile floors.  I am going to attempt the real panties only while we are there since it will be warm enough and easy clean up.  I am so frustrated and feel like a failure in this venture.

davoswoman
by on Apr. 10, 2009 at 6:36 PM

Quoting Andrewsmom70:

Make her clean up her poopy underwear.  A lot of times that gets kids into using the toilet very quickly.

Put her into a cool/lukewarm shower to clean her up when she poops on herself. 

Have you tried any sort of rewards?

If she's really into her underwear and loves the ones with characters, you can tell her that if she poops in them you'll throw them away and make her wear the plain white, boring ones.  Then, when she does poop in them, throw them away (at least let her see you put them in the trash) then later when she's not looking, you can pull them out and clean them up for later.  Give her one pair of character undies a day and if she poops them, it's white undies the rest of the day.

Or, if she's a girly girl and likes jewelry, you can buy one of those kid friendly jewelry making kits and each time she poops in the potty you can give her a bead for her necklace or bracelet.  Once she gets enough beads, she gets to wear it as long as she's pooping in the toilet.  If she poops her pants, she has to go a full day (or however long you decide) to earn it back.

This is a great idea.  Thanks for the advice.  I have done other rewards, stickers, small toys, but nothing is working and I have stickers all over my house!!!

Candy Wright

Kansas City, MO

Mommy of twin three year old girls

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)