Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Potty Training Help:

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:43 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 170 Total Views

Poop issues...Question: Why does two year olds play with their poop? My grandaughter does this...trying to get her out of it..Is this normal behavior?Can anyone shed some light on this subject?  Ty

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Andrewsmom70
by Group Owner on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:37 PM

Kids don't really know how dangerous it is for them to play with their poop.  It's just something different and some kids like the feel of it (as gross is that is).

Is she potty training right now?

jipsondebbie
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 9:41 AM

hi,

yes she is being potty trained.She will go #1 in the potty,"but when she has to go #2 she hides and then poops in her undies or if she has a diaper on and then she pulls out the #2 and plays with it! I sometimes get to her in time before this happens and tell her that this is gross,and we poop in the potty.I am trying to get her to do #2 in the potty,i have a 3 month old grandaughter also that i am bringing up also,so sometimes i get buisy with her and most times this is when this happens with my 2 year old grandaughter.How do i get her out of this ? Any ideas?

Andrewsmom70
by Group Owner on Jul. 29, 2009 at 9:49 AM

Quoting jipsondebbie:

hi,

yes she is being potty trained.She will go #1 in the potty,"but when she has to go #2 she hides and then poops in her undies or if she has a diaper on and then she pulls out the #2 and plays with it! I sometimes get to her in time before this happens and tell her that this is gross,and we poop in the potty.I am trying to get her to do #2 in the potty,i have a 3 month old grandaughter also that i am bringing up also,so sometimes i get buisy with her and most times this is when this happens with my 2 year old grandaughter.How do i get her out of this ? Any ideas?

How long has she been potty training?  With most kids, poop training success almost always comes after pee training success.

Does she poop on the toilet if you get her there in time?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)