Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Little Boys?

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 3:09 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 318 Total Views

Ok...I need some suggestions.  My boy is ...well...his pee pee is different than most boys.  It sticks in really far so it's extremely "small".  He seems more interested in peeing standing, but I can't get his fingers around it right, and mine is even harder.  Does anyone else have this problem or is my boy deformed???

toddler boybaby girl

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 3:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
valerie0103
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:15 PM

Its most likely from the fat down around it. You could try pushing in the area around it to get it to poke out a little but depending on his age that may be difficult for him to do. Also does it aim where its suppose to where he could stand and not hold it or does it go everywhere?

Andrewsmom70
by Group Owner on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:46 PM

It's common for boys to have a 'fat pad' around their pubic bone area that can make it seem like their penis is small.  Most times they grow out of this but I did see an episode of Dr. 90210 and a grown man (around 40) needed surgery to correct his but that's extreme!

He doesn't really have to hold his penis to successfully pee.  He can use his fingers to press around the area to get the penis to "come out more" and then just push it down from the top with a finger or two.  (Sort of hard to explain in words)

luvinitmom07
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 12:25 AM

I assume it aims itself...just cuz of seeing him pee in the tub so many times.  So that might work!  Thanks to both of u for your help!  Far as that episode...his father is the same as him.  So it must be a hereditary thing.  Lol!  I feel bad for my son!

toddler boybaby girl

Andrewsmom70
by Group Owner on Aug. 13, 2009 at 4:36 PM

Quoting luvinitmom07:

I assume it aims itself...just cuz of seeing him pee in the tub so many times.  So that might work!  Thanks to both of u for your help!  Far as that episode...his father is the same as him.  So it must be a hereditary thing.  Lol!  I feel bad for my son!

You can get surgery to repair it if it really is an issue about the fat pad and the fat pad doesn't mostly go away.

trebelcleff
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 4:42 PM

Our son has a HUGE fat pad, so we call his an innie LOL!  It does stick out a bit when he pees, but he can't see over his giant little buddha belly to see where he is grabbing anyway, so we taught ours to pee sitting down and to "point it down" (which means he basically presses down on whatever part of it he can).  We let him pee standing up only outside or in the shower or tub... it's good "aiming practice" without me having to detail the bathroom every time he pees.  After several months of this practice, he's getting a lot better at aiming (usually it shoots too far outwards, so we have been working on pointing it down and out), so I have started letting him pee standing up in public bathrooms as well as occasionally at home on the potty.  Our pediatrician says that the fat pad may stick around as far in the future as his 8th birthday, so for now (and to be polite when using someone else's bathroom) sitting down is a much better option.  Good luck!

luvinitmom07
by on Aug. 14, 2009 at 6:26 PM

Well thanks for all the tips.  He has been doing really good though standing.  Most of it gets in his potty chair.  He can't reach the big boy potty yet.  He doesn't want to sit...so that's the issue.  I'll just have to clean up after him for a while...until he's old enough to understand me better on direction of how to hold himself and aim.  But once again thanx!  Oh and andrewsmom...the three day method is a dream come true!  It's unbelievable actually...just thought I'd let you know it worked for me as well!

toddler boybaby girl

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)