Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Number 2 a NO GO!!!

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:18 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 231 Total Views

My daughter has been peepee trained for the toilet since she was about 2, but pooping in the toilet seems to be a different issue.  Just the thought of having to poop in the toilet breaks her out in tears.  She will hold her poop in for days at a time without doing anything, then when it gets built up, she will still try to hold it in which causes her pain and discomfort.  I have tried everything it seems, given her stickers for pooping, tattoos, ice cream, and it seems like nothing is getting her attention.  I am all out of ideas, does anybody have any suggestions for me?  I could sure use them, if so.  Thanks!!!

Angel Bradley

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MommaTrost
by on Aug. 29, 2009 at 10:10 AM

We are doing poop jail and it works.  Just this morning i put him on the toilet and within 10 minutes he pooped on the potty.

Come join the group made just for us May 2009 Moms!
http://www.cafemom.com/group/May2009Mommies

If you are in or around the Collinsville, IL area and would like to join in our playgroups and meet other Moms in our area join us at:     http://www.cafemom.com/group/collinsvillemommies

Andrewsmom70
by Group Owner on Aug. 29, 2009 at 9:12 PM

Is she hiding when she poops?

What are you doing when she poops on herself?

How long has she been fully pee trained?

How old is she?

Is she using the adult toilet with or without a potty ring or a potty chair?

AubreyPierce
by on Aug. 31, 2009 at 4:49 PM

Yes, Aubrey will go to her room or stand behind a chair when she has to poop, but there is sometimes when she will clench onto the kitchen table, or something of the sort and try her best to hold it in.  Whenever she does poop on herself we will take her to the bathroom and have her sit on the toilet to see if she has anymore she needs to get out, but rarely anyhing happens.  Aubrey has been pee trained since she was two and now she is 3, so for a little over a year she has been pee trained.  She is using the adult toilet, but we have a potty chair to go on top so she can sit comfortably and not fall in.  I do not think the adult toilet scares her because when she needs to pee, she will go straight to the toilet and use the bathroom without any help or guidance, just the pooping is a NO GO!!

Angel Bradley

Andrewsmom70
by Group Owner on Aug. 31, 2009 at 5:06 PM

Have you tried putting her into a cold/lukewarm shower to clean her up when she poops on herself?  Some kids need that negative consequence to get them motivated to poop on the potty.  What you do is let her know that any time she poops on herself she will be put into the shower to clean up.  Then, follow thru every single time she poops on herself.  Make it business only- get her in, get her clean and get her out, no fun, no toys.  Make it as miserable as possible and let her know it's going to happen every single time.

If that doesn't work, you may want to check out the POOP JAIL which is described in the top post in this forum.  If you can't find it, please let me know.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)