Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pull Ups at night or not?

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:11 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 345 Total Views

I was reading the tips on how to night train... is it recommended to have them in pull ups or stick with regular underwear like she wears during the day?

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Andrewsmom70
by Group Owner on Sep. 7, 2009 at 2:57 PM

It really depends on your situation.

I used pull ups overnight until my son was fully day trained for about a month because I honestly didn't have enough sanity to potty train all day and all night by myself since I'm a single mom and did all the day training by myself.  He rarely peed in the pull ups overnight so I used them a few nights in a row instead of throwing away a perfectly good pull up.  Once I did night training it was basically a non-issue and he never had an overnight accident.

The one thing you need to watch out for is if your child starts holding pee and/or poop all day and then takes care of business once the pull up goes on at night.  It happens sometimes with some kids and if that starts happening you may have to go straight to underwear all the time.

Let me know if you have more specific questions. :-)

beatymomof2
by on Sep. 19, 2009 at 6:53 AM

I use pull-ups at night but would rather not, because when she wears them she thinks it's okay to go in them.  But if my daughter doesn't have her 1 special blanket at nap-time at daycare she won't take a nap and she needs that nap-time sleep so she will go to bed on time. 

boy n girlMother of 1 girl and 1 boy

xxLukesMamaxx
by on Sep. 19, 2009 at 7:36 AM

I vote no pull ups. I stop giving my son fluids an hour or two before bedtime, then I have him go right before bedtime then put him to bed in his underwear. Then first thing in the morning I have him use the bathroom again. I'm happy to say that it works for us and that he has never had an accident at night (knock on wood) thus far. We've been doing it this way for 3 or 4 months now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)