Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Venison Roast Recipes???

Posted by on May. 4, 2007 at 8:15 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 194 Total Views
My husband used to have his roasts chipped, but he didn't with his last deer.  I am looking for some good roast recipes.  It seems like I either dry it out in the  crock pot or it is too gamey.  Can anyone help?
by on May. 4, 2007 at 8:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
mrsA3dhunter
by on May. 4, 2007 at 3:33 PM
I would first refer you to the following book "Ted & Shemane Nugent-Kill it & Grill it" It is a great cookbook with lots of wildlife recipes. And they are usually pretty simple and have stuff that you have on hand. Sometimes you will need to make a trip to the store, but not often.

Marinating the meat with a very salty marinade and then rinsing it should help get the gaminess out.
parkinluvn
by Group Owner on May. 4, 2007 at 10:10 PM

We don't have an exact recipe for it, but my husband makes killer roasts.... It doesn't matter if it's deer, elk, beef, even lamb. They always turn out great. He uses a slow cooker. In the morning, he starts it out on high, puts the meat in frozen, he just adds broth (beef), potatoes, carrots, & onion. After the meat is starting to thaw and the veggies start to cook, he drops it down to low and adds softer veggies such as mushrooms, celery, & zucchini. Seasonings he has used are season-all, lil' salt, garlic powder, & pepper. He checks on the juices throughout the day, if it's getting low, he just adds water. Turns out absolutely orgasmic every time! LOL. Tongue out Very juicy and delicious!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)