Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Methods

Posted by on Jan. 11, 2009 at 9:48 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 324 Total Views

I have recently taken  myself off of my birth control. I took it all last year and then when I got the prescription was refilled it made me very sick. 15 minutes after I would take it I would feel very nauseous and I would feel that way until 2 hours before I was supposed to take the next pill. Not my  idea of a fun time! I did consider trying out a different pill but the last time they switched my pill i broke out horribly. And what was the answer to that????? Let's switch your pill. so 6 months later my face finally cleared up.

I am just at a point in my life where I am gradually taking inventory of the chemicals I am putting in my body and asking myself.................there has got to be a more natural way.

My question is do any of you ladies know a natural way of birth control? Or a natural way to do other minor things more naturally?

I appreciate all suggestion and your time for reading this

Love and Light!!!

by on Jan. 11, 2009 at 9:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Kenzish
by Group Owner on Jan. 11, 2009 at 11:45 PM

Unfortunately other than condoms I have no idea.  But then I'm no expert in this area.  Have you asked your doctor about IUDs or anything like that?  Still more chemicals I know but I suppose it's one place where chemicals would be better than an unwanted pregnancy.  You can always cut down on chemicals from other sources in your life.......

erin.catherine
by on Feb. 11, 2009 at 1:50 PM

Check out the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility. It really helped me!

Always hold firmly to the thought that each one of us can do something to bring some portion of misery to an end.
lctiny
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:44 AM

I would like an answer to that too.  I've been told by my doctor that this is the last year she'll give me the pill.  I guess when you smoke and hit your 30's it gives you heart problems.  I wouldn't mind another baby, but I still want birth control.  I've been on the iud before, didn't like it, neither did my husband.  I hate shots so that's out...what else is there besides condoms for men ans women?

MoodyMama
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 12:59 PM

I know this will take time and research - but - have you googled "natural birth control"?

Should you decide to google it I think you will find a wealth of information at your fingertips :)

MoodyMama

----- Visit my CafeMom homepage at http://www.cafemom.com/home/MoodyMama
Megan760
by Member on Feb. 17, 2009 at 1:12 PM

I have googled natural birth control and it was not as helpful as I thought it would be. The information that was given was the pull out method (uhhhhh no thank you) checking your temperature (again I have 2 small children no real time to be checking the temp). However, I have been off my birth control for about 2 months now. The information that I feel has helped me and this may sound gross but.....................

What I read was that you stick your finger in your vagina and check the "fluid" when it comes to a very thick sticky consistancy that is when you are ovulating. Down fall to this is that sperm can live for like 3 days so if you have had sex the day or 2 before you notice the change you may still get pregnant.

I have noticed that now that I have taken myself off of the hormones my body is regulating it self naturally. I am not a very check myself out type gal but I have paid more attention to my body and by just keeping an eye out and looking for the thicker mucuos I know when to hold off. The beauty is that is gradually gets thicker so I have found this natural method quite helpful. I mean month 2 and still not pregnat. We don't use condoms either.

It has worked so far for me. Of course I can not say that it will work for everyone but it has gotten an A+ from me.

Sorry if I grossed anyone out! HAHAHAHAHA!

Love and Light!!!

lctiny
by on Nov. 28, 2009 at 4:11 AM

I went to amazon.com and bought ovulation tests 2 months for 14.00 I check before we have sex

Zippitydooda
by New Member on Jan. 8, 2012 at 10:47 PM

As an  RN, I would not recommend surfing the web for info unless you can verify the validity of the content and it's source.  The Rhythm method and body temp are not reliable, and checking fluid and/or mucus is not either.  You can talk to your doctor about a new device called ParaGard which is a hormone free IUD.  The link is below.  Any IDU carries risks, as with anything else you put into your body so I would look at the info and talk to your doctor.  Hope this helps!

http://www.paragard.com/?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=paragard%20IUD&utm_campaign=ParaGard+-+Branded

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)