Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

low point dessert ideas needed

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2011 at 12:43 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 852 Total Views

I am making the desserts for Easter and I am looking for some good chocolate recipes.  I am hoping to make a dessert that everyone can enjoy not just the WW in the family.  Thanks in advance

by on Apr. 6, 2011 at 12:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MamaSarah1104
by on Apr. 8, 2011 at 6:41 PM
I made a boxed brownie mix the other day and they had a lowfat version where you use apple sauce instead of oil and 1 egg not 3.

Also I like to cut up strawberries and bananas and add maybe a tablespoon of honey to the big bowl of fruit. Then I put it over a little slice of angel food cake with a little non-fat whipped cream
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
manuelitosmommy
by on Apr. 22, 2011 at 10:51 AM
Great ideas thanks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
toymomto2boys
by Group Owner on Apr. 22, 2011 at 1:51 PM

Ok...I have posted this before...but it is soooooooooo worth posting again....it is the BEST chocolate dessert!!!!! 

"Better than Sex Cake" WW style

1 chocolate Cake Mix
1 can diet pop (coke, pepsi, dr pepper...doesn't matter)

Mix the cake mix & pop ONLY....bake in a 9X13 pan sprayed with pam according to directions on the box.

When the cake comes out poke holes in the top about 1-2 inches apart and let the cake completely cool.  Mix up 1 box (4 serving size) of sugar free chocolate instant pudding with 2 cups of skim milk.  Pour over the cake and put in the fridge to set (about 30 mins).  You want as much pudding to fall into the holes as possible.  When it is set spread 1 tub (the small kind) of Fat Free cool whip.  Then you can do whatever you want to garnish it...you can cut up cashews, use mini chocolate chips, grate some chocolate over the top....you could use fruit you could drizzle chocolate syrup whatever you want. 

Keep in mind you'll want to eat it kind of 'fast'....it works best for a bigger group because if the cake sits too many days it gets pretty soggy....I serve it whenever we have company.  Also, you can do this with a white cake & diet sprite or 7UP and white pudding.....you can mix it up with white/chocolate...you can add a diet red raspberry pop to a white cake at valentines day for a pink cake....or diet orange crush with a white cake at Halloween for an orangish cake.  The possibilities are endless!  :) 

The only way I make cake now is with a can of diet pop and one day my hubby was making a cake for a funeral at church and following the exact directions and my sons were screaming at him saying 'You have to put pop in Dad....that is NOT how you make a cake!"  Their wives are going to be in shock someday!  :)

Good luck....

Karen

AgentBrez
by on Apr. 22, 2011 at 3:54 PM
I think I posted a peppermint chocolate layer cake recipe in the recipe thread. It's a WW recipe. If I have time later I'll look and if it's not in the thread I'll post it, although it might be too late for Easter.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
manuelitosmommy
by on Apr. 22, 2011 at 8:37 PM

those sound yummy.... thanks

3mom627
by on Apr. 30, 2011 at 8:41 PM

Thanks for that idea.  I am starting back to WW and love cake.  I only made a spice type cake with a can of diet coke.  I never knew about all the other varieties.

Cheryle A. Roberts

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN