Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

4 month check up

Posted by on May. 7, 2007 at 9:36 PM
  • 18 Replies
  • 524 Total Views
So Lukas had his four month check up today.  He is sort of on the small size.  He weighed 12 pounds 11 and a half ounces which only put him in the 13th percentile.  Then he was 25 inches which puts him in the 58th percentile.  So he is tall but skinny.  Dr. wasn't too worried about it though said he is still growing and is healthy.  Lukas did pretty well with his shots.  He has been pretty fussy tonight but he was like this last time.  The next day last time he was fine so I am hoping he will be all happy and smiles tomorrow.
by on May. 7, 2007 at 9:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PeapodsMom
by Group Owner on May. 8, 2007 at 1:00 PM
Lukas is just the size he should be!!

We just got back from ours. He did fairly well with the shots (meaning he screamed bloody murder and cried great big tears), his daddy and I held him. He's mostly been sleeping since he had them.
The ped said he is TEETHING!! She said his gums were inflamed. I felt terrible, because yesterday he was SO upset all afternoon, and I could tell something was wrong, but I didn't know what. I thought I had been checking, and no section felt different from the rest, but she said nope - definitely teething, but no guarantees on how long till the first tooth.
Grant was 26" which put him at 90th%, and 18lbs which is 95th%. I love his little baby chunks!!! I have a feeling he is going to be higher in the weight than the height for a while.

"AWWW Mom, why'd ya put nudie pics of me on the internet????"
momoflukas
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2007 at 2:15 PM
That picture of Grant is so cute.  Shots are hard.  Lukas has had so much problems in his first three months that I am starting to get use to his crying. I still feel bad but I can compose myself a little bit better.  One time I had to take him to the ER and he had his blood taken and I was bawling the whole time we were there I felt so bad.  Lukas has been teething too for like a month but nothing has popped through yet.  It is tough on the little ones and also on the mommies. 
mumtotwoboys
by Member on May. 8, 2007 at 2:45 PM
He sounds perfect!  They vary so much the first year in height/weight.  I remember Oliver (my first) was always like 10th percentile for head circumference and I was always so worried that there was something wrong but his ped said that as long as it (meaning his head) was getting bigger then it didn't matter what percentile he was in.  I hate those shots!!   Breaks my heart every time...hope he's feeling better today.
momof3inCT
by Member on May. 8, 2007 at 4:43 PM
Well we just had our 4 mo check up today and Sophia weighs 12 lbs 1 oz and is 23 &1/4 inches so she is small but my boys were similar at the same age she is a little less in weight tho and the pedi dr said the same thing not to worry but I do being that I breastfeed I wonder if she doesnt get enough? Well I guess since she is gaining weight then she is so worry I will but that is part of being a mommy right?
Aurorasmom
by Member on May. 8, 2007 at 4:46 PM
ahhhh im scared! aurora has her 4 month in 2 hours...she did fine with the last set of shots...she cried for about 5 minutes, i cried for 1/2 hour, lol

i will let ya know her stats when we get back :)
phillipsmommy
by New Member on May. 9, 2007 at 8:49 AM
Phillip just had his last Friday and he is teething too :(  He is currently 17.2 lbs and 24 inches long, my short chunky man Laughing  He did much better with his shots this time! Tylenol helped out so much!  Last time he didn't take it until too late and he was already too fussy for it to do much good!
Aurorasmom
by Member on May. 9, 2007 at 4:25 PM
Aurora did alright, and I hardly cried at all this time! LOL!  She is 25 inches and 14 pouns 6 ounces :)
Aurorasmom
by Member on May. 9, 2007 at 4:26 PM
oh yea, and doc confirmed she is teething really bad and her first tooth to come in is a frickin molar!
mommybug77
by Member on May. 9, 2007 at 11:28 PM
That is great. Abby was 15lb 4 oz & 25 in. long at her's about 2 weeks ago.
StaceyAmber
by on May. 12, 2007 at 1:57 PM
Ashton had his 4 month last monday. He weighs 13lbs 2 oz. and is 22in. long. He ranged from 10-25 precentile in all aspects.  He had shots on Thursday. He was so good all day. My sister took me and him out about, and he wasn't fussy at all until bed time. Then he turned into a hellion.
Hope everyone's lil' one is dong great!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)