Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Little girl question

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 9:24 AM
  • 13 Replies
  • 401 Total Views
Okay I am not sure if I read this before but I am going to ask anyways...... My winter baby was born on Jan 7th 2007 and is a little girl (Sophia) Anyways, I was wondering for any moms who had a girl, when did you get her ears pierced? I asked the dr and he said any time after 6 months, b/c she has had hepititis shots and 2 boosters, so I was wondering when most people do it and where you got it done (eg. a jewlers or a place in the mall etc....), I cant remember when my parents got mine done? I dont want to get it too late where she remembers the pain but I dont want to do it to early where she may rip them out herself OUCH! So I wanted to get your opinions!
Thanks!
Michelle
by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 9:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momoflukas
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2007 at 12:01 PM
I don't have a little girl.  If I did though I think I would do it at about six months to a year. 
EGMommy
by Member on Jul. 14, 2007 at 12:48 PM
We're saving that for a special occasion...her golden birthday is 9 years old, and I think we'll let her do it then if she wants.  I'm so not an earring wearer, but if she wants them, we'll let her get them then!  No help, I know, but that's our plan!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker"

MCKsmomma
by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 12:57 PM
my winter baby was born januay 4 27...she had hers done at 3 months.. she was asleep they did one ear she cried a bit then went back down did the other ear cried abit  and went back to sleep.. and hasnt ulled at them once r had a problem yet

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

momof3inCT
by Member on Jul. 15, 2007 at 8:34 AM
Thanks Ladies I am thinking I will do it soon b/c she will cry a bit and then forget about it! I am soooooooooo afraid she will rip them out ughhhhhhhh well I will have to think about it more THANKS again for your info and your plans on when you did it!
:)michelle
BayandMadsmom
by on Jul. 15, 2007 at 1:17 PM
HELLO :)  My baby girl was born on Dec 5th...we had hers done when she was 4 months old...I also have a daughter who will be 4 tomorrow...she has had hers pierced since she was 3 months old :)  Bailynn...my soon to be 4 year old loves buying new earrings and changing them...she is very girly!!  They both cried for maybe a minute of so...I think they were shocked...not hurt :)  Good luck with your decision...Hope I may have helped!!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

malaynasmommy
by on Jul. 15, 2007 at 1:19 PM
My daughter was born 1/18 and we got her ears pierced when she was 2 months old
anquinettabrown
by on Jul. 15, 2007 at 1:20 PM
I got both daughters ears pierced when they were about two months old by our pediatrician. I think that it is better to do it when they are younger and less likely to jerk away. They both handled it very well crying for only a minute or two.
momof3inCT
by Member on Jul. 16, 2007 at 8:28 AM
see now I wonder if I waited too long and if she will pull them out OUCH!!! I am worried about that! Since she is over 6 mo now and pulling at everything GUESS I better decide quickly!
Love2beMom
by New Member on Jul. 16, 2007 at 8:33 AM

I have 2 children A girl january 2006 and a boy February 2007
My daughter had her ears pierced at 10 months. Everything has been fine with her piercing and there hasn't been any tugging or trying to get them out. She did cry a little but i think that was because of the loud noise of the gun.

We got ours done at the piercing pagoda in the mall.

My Family is my love of my life!!

Momma_G
by Member on Jul. 20, 2007 at 10:00 AM
I was thinking about getting my little girl's ears pierced too, and I read another post somewhere about this a while back.  I read that it's not a good idea because babies tend to pull on their ears when they are teething.  But I have a niece that had hers pierced around 8 months and she doesn't tug at them!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)