Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

biscuits,can someone please help!

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:23 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 594 Total Views

i need help with biscuits,doughnuts,cinnamon rolls and bread, we do not have many stores here that sell gf/cf foods so i would like recipes,my son is also yeast free, peanut free. i saw somewhere that you can use 1/2 lemon juice 1/2 baking soda to equal the yeast. has anyone tryed this.

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
CohenandIansMom
by Member on Jan. 22, 2009 at 8:39 AM

http://www.glutenfreecookingschool.com/archives/gluten-free-drop-biscuits-recipe-no-2/

this site has some good recipes for biscuits, and some links that will help, also google Karina's gluten free kitchen, she has some of the best recipes out there. I have had zero luck replacing yeast.

teralg
by Member on Jan. 22, 2009 at 5:49 PM

I use the mix, 1-2-3 Gluten free.  They have wonderful WONDERFUL biscuits, brownies, cakes, etc.  They really are very very good.  Kinda costly though.  You can get them at glutenfreemall.com and on amazon.

Michelll5
by New Member on Jan. 24, 2009 at 10:12 PM

Click on the following link for a recipe for homemade hamburger buns, biscuits or snack-size bread. It does not call for any peanuts or yeast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTAr9sxT0f4

CohenandIansMom
by Member on Jan. 28, 2009 at 8:29 PM

Tonight I converted a vegan soda bread recipe into a gluten free bread stick recipe, and they turned out great.

1 cup of tapioca flour

1 cup of brown rice flour

1 cup of hemp milk

2 1/4 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar

3/4 teaspoon of salt

1 1/8 teaspoon of baking soda

1 1/8 teaspoon of cream of tartar

lightly oil a baking sheet and preheat the oven to 375

add the vinegar to the "milk" and set aside,mix all the dry ingredients

slowly pour in "milk" until it is a ball of dough, but not sticky. I divided it into 4 bread sticks

bake for 35 to 45 minutes, should be hard on the outside. depending on how thick you make the bread sticks. They turned out so good, that I can see using this recipe for a lot of things! I cook with hemp milk, but I am sure you can use any other milk you like. The measurements may seem odd, but it was for 4 cups of flour, and I didn't want to make that much, so I halved everything. Remember that you may not need a whole cup of the milk.

BLESSEDMOM1102
by New Member on Apr. 24, 2010 at 9:50 PM

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)