Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

RIP Little Tiki.... =(

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:53 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 320 Total Views

Our little Tiki the parakeet went in his sleep last night.   I'm so sad.   He was only with us since this summer... and still had the dark feathers on his head...   Last night when we were getting ready for bed, his feathers were ruffled up and he was sleepy and had a bit of trouble making it to the perch... So I knew something was up.  But just an hour before he was full of energy... running back and forth... all pepped up... and my son was holding him, he even flew to the cage after...  (wings trimmed and all!)  

So, whatever it was, took him quickly.... (I'm at least glad he didn't suffer...) But so sad that he's gone.   My boys don't know yet.  One is still sleeping, the other is getting ready for school.    Ugh... they are 7 and 11... and they went with me to go get him... and the cage, and everything one day this summer one day after camp...    

Anyone have any Advice?    Poor Tiki....    We'll miss you...  our funny little bird... =(

Bupkie.....

*** My philosophy on sharing info is that it's just free info (not advice) so please take it or leave it. If it fits great! If not, leave it on the ground and dance on it for fun!!! :) ***dancing

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
websorceress
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:06 PM

awwww I'm so sorry, it's hard to lose a pet..............did he get a draft, maybe from an open door or a drafty window? Birds will not show they are sick, it's an instinct for survival. By the time you see they are sick, it is sometimes too late. If you get another bird, always check his droppings for any changes, droppings tell a lot..........

Good luck with the kids :(

kerryket
by New Member on Nov. 15, 2010 at 11:44 PM
I am so sorry, it's true, birds are masters at hiding illness. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kerryket
by New Member on Nov. 15, 2010 at 11:54 PM
The kids, well be honest with them and look up the rainbow bridge and see if that comforts you or could help with your children. My 12 year old was devastated when our beloved cockatoo passed away last year, I mean we all were, still in shock... But my daughter, well it was heartwrenching. The rainbow bridge brought her some peace, and when she was ready we all picked out a little urn for our bird's ashes, it's a little ceramic egg.

Hope it helps, you can google it, but I understand it's not everyones cup of tea.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)