Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Trick or Treating

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:10 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 192 Total Views

Where is everyone going out? 

We aren't really going this year because Wesley is only 4 months. But I wanted to know where everyone is going! I just can't believe kids don't just go in the neighborhoods anymore! We used to love getting dressed up and waiting for dark so we could go run to every single house in our neighborhood (I grew up in Del Norte in Greenville).  Now as I understand it, that rarely happens in neighborhoods and if it does, it's before the sun goes down!  I just can't believe all the fun is gone!  So where do you take your kids trick or treating?

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
DragonRiderMD
by Member on Oct. 31, 2009 at 11:51 PM

We go to a neighborhood down the road, across from Mitchell Rd. Elem. School. We would go in the apartments we live in, but no one stays home; like you said, everyone's always going somewhere else (according to neighbor kids last year, someplace that involves full-size candy bars and bottles of soda). So we just walk a little further, but still basically stay in the neighborhood.

And we don't wait until dark. My son is 2, so waiting to start until it gets dark would be too late. It didn't used to be too late, until a couple of years ago (or was it just last year?) when they changed the end of Daylight Savings Time from the weekend before Halloween to the weekend after (which seems idiotic to me -- like you said, it's supposed to be dark for trick-or-treating!). So it's really not any earlier than it used to be (at least for me; I always started about 6:00), it just seems like it.

Katt709
by on Nov. 1, 2009 at 10:11 PM

I went to Mitchell Rd!  We used to live in Wellington Green across the street from there. Is that where you t or t? They used to have wonderful candy in that neighborhood!

Quoting DragonRiderMD:

We go to a neighborhood down the road, across from Mitchell Rd. Elem. School. We would go in the apartments we live in, but no one stays home; like you said, everyone's always going somewhere else (according to neighbor kids last year, someplace that involves full-size candy bars and bottles of soda). So we just walk a little further, but still basically stay in the neighborhood.

And we don't wait until dark. My son is 2, so waiting to start until it gets dark would be too late. It didn't used to be too late, until a couple of years ago (or was it just last year?) when they changed the end of Daylight Savings Time from the weekend before Halloween to the weekend after (which seems idiotic to me -- like you said, it's supposed to be dark for trick-or-treating!). So it's really not any earlier than it used to be (at least for me; I always started about 6:00), it just seems like it.

DragonRiderMD
by Member on Nov. 2, 2009 at 9:13 AM

Quoting Katt709:

I went to Mitchell Rd!  We used to live in Wellington Green across the street from there. Is that where you t or t? They used to have wonderful candy in that neighborhood!

I don't know the name of it, lol. What we got was pretty good. Someone had dark chocolate M&M's, which I ate while my son was sleeping. ;) We didn't stay out very long this year, though, because of the rain.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)