Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Abundance Is Letting Go of Resistance

Posted by on Oct. 21, 2008 at 2:49 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 257 Total Views

This post is for anyone who wants to get a clear understanding from an ordinary jane about how to attract the money they want. And also, for anyone who fears "materialistic-ness" - This post is for you too. Enjoy!

In the movie "The Secret", Jack Canfield describes an exercise he used for the purpose of attracting more money to his business. His dream-big goal was $100,000.00. He took a one dollar bill, wrote in the rest of the necessary zeros and taped it to the ceiling above where he slept. This way he would see that $100,000.00 dollar bill every morning when he woke up and immediately be reminded of the excitement of his goal.

I decided to try this exercise out for myself. In May 2008, I found a one dollar bill and filled in the zeros. I wrote $10,000.00 because that amount felt more "real" to me at the time. Then I stuck it in between the monthly pages of my desk-top calendar.

It is now October. My husband and I just filed our taxes. (We filed for an extension of course.)

Any guesses on how much our entire tax refund is....???  

I
haven't even gotten to the real "woo-woo" part yet. The moment I REALLY got the chills was when I tore off the month of September on my desk-top calendar and saw my $10,000.00 dollar bill....lying face up on top of the October page. It was almost as if I had somehow "asked" to receive that amount during the month where the $10,000.00 dollar bill was accidentally placed.

So how did this happen?? What had to line up for such a manifestation to take place?

Here's what I've tracked so far:

When I wrote that dollar bill back in May, my family and I were in the process of getting ready to make a very big move from Los Alamos, New Mexico to Odessa, Texas. We weren't in need of money necessarily, but part of me was definitely saying "Hmmm....could.not.hurt."
I was feeling more aware of how much we were spending and my mood could have been described as "cautious." So my level of resistance relative to money was higher than usual. I was more obsessive about bills being paid on time, and was feeling a bit edgy. I was also feeling excited and nervous and was looking far forward for this process to be finished. I knew we were moving in the direction towards something we wanted. I just wanted to "get it done."

We moved in July and had a lovely experience. We settled in well and easily, and since then have been thoroughly enjoying ourselves here in our new home. My husband started his new job at the end of July and is clear that he's exactly where he wants to be in his career. His monthly income has almost doubled and he actually has less work than he did at his previous job!! I also, since the move, have attracted a few more higher paying clients, and have been enjoying that experience too. All in all, everything from the wonderful new home to our new friends to the new abundance - all of it has gotten better and better.

So here's where we're at, I wrote the $10,000.00 dollar bill in May during a time when my resistance was higher than normal. Over the last few months since then, I've settled myself and my family into a lovely home that feels open and free and relaxed. I've witnessed my husband enjoy a higher paying job with less work. I've received more compensation for my coaching, and as a result of all of that, I've seen higher numbers flow into our bank account.

Are you noticing the alignment of energies that I've described here? Can you see how it would have been energetically impossible for me to receive the $10,000.00 I requested during the time I requested it? Do you see how the more I relaxed, the more I was ALLOWING the money to show up AND with barely any action involved? Are you noticing how the more it came and the more I enjoyed it the more it kept coming? 

It seemed like as soon as we relaxed into our new home, abundance of all kinds began coming to us from EVERY DIRECTION. A clear reflection of our trust in the process and our trust in ourselves. Abundance was coming from both known sources and unknown sources. We were getting reimbursements that we didn't expect. We even got free blackberries that we didn't expect. And it's all been coming to us with the effort of a smile.

There has been no worrisome bloody-knuckle-hard-work here what so ever. We've actually been working less and enjoying more.

The explanation of HOW these manifestations have been able to show up is our new level of Allowing. In other words, the less we worried and fretted about it, the more it has been free to flow into our lives.

So if you've just read all of this and are STILL worried about HOW to get the money or the relationship or the house or the job to show up in your life. Give it up, and Let It Go. Nothing is about action. EVERYTHING is about energy. When you decide that there is nothing more that you need other than the joy of the moment around you, I promise you, the money will be in a suitcase on your doorstep. You'll get that $10,000.00 you want the second you've forgotten that you ever needed it. This is the Art of Allowing. This is what "The Secret" is. The Universe doesn't know the difference between actually having it and feeling like you already have it.

The "how to" and the "when will'" are NEVER our job. Our only job is to simply let go and match up our energy with that of our desires. Which is just another fancy way of saying "ENJOY YOURSELF!!!!" Life is meant to be easy and fun and joyful!! We are so free, we can choose bondage. Let it go. Leap and the net will appear.

Blessings,
Sara E.

by on Oct. 21, 2008 at 2:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
environmentalpa
by Group Owner on Oct. 22, 2008 at 9:14 AM

There is more money being printed for me right now......

Group Owner of John McCain and Sarah Palin Supporters ONLY

www.cafemom.com/group/sarahpalinfans

Group Owner of Fly Organizational Tools for Ladies to help organize your home-based from the famous website Fly Lady.

www.cafemom.com/group/86440

RheannaEM
by on Oct. 24, 2008 at 9:13 AM

i love this post!  Many times I have wanted to hear of someone's actual experience just like this.. makes the whole thing feel more real if you hear of it happening to another actual person.. not just on the movie.  lol  And I totally see what you are saying, I can remember now the times in my life when I struggled the most, fought the hardest, tried to figure it all out on my own.. tried to keep control over the situation, and all it did was make it a harder fight.  Then when I would finally let go.. give up the control and just know that somehow something would happen to resolve it, that's when things would change. And that worked with money, with my husband and I being together, jobs.. many things. 

As you know I am a work in progress :)  And with your help it's all starting to come together..

Thank you for being such an inspiration!

butterflyenergy
by on Oct. 24, 2008 at 2:39 PM

Quoting RheannaEM:

i love this post!  Many times I have wanted to hear of someone's actual experience just like this.. makes the whole thing feel more real if you hear of it happening to another actual person.. not just on the movie.  lol  And I totally see what you are saying, I can remember now the times in my life when I struggled the most, fought the hardest, tried to figure it all out on my own.. tried to keep control over the situation, and all it did was make it a harder fight.  Then when I would finally let go.. give up the control and just know that somehow something would happen to resolve it, that's when things would change. And that worked with money, with my husband and I being together, jobs.. many things. 

As you know I am a work in progress :)  And with your help it's all starting to come together..

Thank you for being such an inspiration!

What's so cool about this is that it's really more ordinary and natural than we at first realize. Well-being and Abundance are not "stuff" we have to reach for. This is Who We Are. This is the equilibrium of our being. It's natural to have balance and for kinks to work themselves out. We just have to let them.

Our ONLY job is to Be Who We Are. The more we are choosing to be Who We Are, the more we will naturally vibrate what it is we desire. This isn't about woo-woo superstitious stuff, science is proving more and more these days that the analogy of us being "magnetic" is hardly an analogy at all. This is our energetic makeup. The only question is what are we a magnet for? A magnet without intent. Or one that is operating deliberately and on purpose. When we become our desires (feeling and knowing that they are already present and happening) then we become magnets for our desires, plainly and simply.

Is this super fun or what? :)

Blessings,
Sara E.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)