Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my intro

Posted by on May. 4, 2007 at 11:53 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 228 Total Views
I'm kind of new here at cafemom, so I'm trying to get to know people.

My name's Dana. I'm 24. I'm married to Jeremy. We have 2 kids: Evan is four and Kaley is 2. We also have an 8 month old Miniature Pinscher named Cody.

I was active duty Navy right out of high school. That's how I met my husband. He's an active duty Marine. I got out and have been torturing myself trying to be a stay-at-home mom. I finally decided that I couldn't do it anymore. It was making me miserable being stuck in this house. I have decided to join the Air Force Reserve. My husband is deploying at the end of August, and I'm waiting until he's gone to go to my training. I haven't decided on a job yet, but I think I have it narrowed down to two.

My husband is stationed at MCAS Beaufort, SC, and that is where we live. I will be based out of Charleston AFB, SC after training and all that.

Anyway, I hope I can get to know you all, and any pointers, either specifically about the Air Force, or about going from active to reserves, or just advice on going back in after a few years would be great.
by on May. 4, 2007 at 11:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
KimmyShaw
by on May. 6, 2007 at 6:00 PM
Hello! I am also new on this site....I was active duty Army and that is also how I met my husband (got together 9 years later though)....
birdiecarrie
by New Member on May. 15, 2007 at 6:13 PM
I have been in the Air Force for 12 years, and my best advice to you is that you jump right in at your new station and take on responsibiltiy if you can, so you don't feel left behind for a while.   Also make as many friends as possible.  They will be a lifesaver someday.  Good luck with your training.

Msgt Carrie
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)