• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any of you ladies end up in your husbands unit?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:59 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 459 Total Views

Just curious how that works out... most likely im going to the 3 3 at fort carson, and well thats my hubbys unit

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
BLong2ASGT
by on Feb. 7, 2009 at 8:25 PM

I am not sure that is allowed. i mean there has to be a regulation on it somewhere. The family care plan is suppose to handle deployment but they know that people will still try to get out of it when they can. If you two are in the same unit and it deploys then you would be over together and I hear that now you can split a room and all but the kids would be with whoever your plan says. Guess there is nothing against it however I dont think commands like it very much. They know that soldiershave families but they prefer not to think about it. an FRG is about as much as they want to do with family, cause they kinda have to. I know that where my hubby is I could put an application in to go and we could travel on the same or different teams of one of us could not travel at all. I think I will end up doing that cause they dont deploy and then the kids wont have to be shipped around too much. For military brats they sure havent been very many places. Too bad we didnt get to go overseas before now, I would have gone earlier but the older my parents get the less likely I am to want to go far away.  I like to see them as much as possible. Oh gotta go catch some kids outta bed.

Stephanie808
by on Jun. 29, 2009 at 3:49 AM

Me and my DH are AF and for us they don't care we just have to be in different shops (but we can be in the same unit), and this is mainly so that we won't ever be but in a situation where one is in charge of the other. GL

Caffeine Addict

armycoppertop
by Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:57 AM

I know this is coming through SO late, but I just saw it.

MIL to MIL personnel are absolutely allowed to be in the same unit, and the Army actually prefers to keep MIL to MIL personnel in at least the same brigade so that they ARE deploying at the same time rather than one always being gone while the other is home and creating a serious strain on the marriage. The biggest issue is you can NOT be in each other's chain of command. Usually as long as you are in different platoons, there is no issue (when I was in AK, I actually had a MIL to MIL couple both assigned to my unit, both were SSGs - E6 - and had the same MOS and were supposed to be in the same platoon because of it... we put the husband in the training NCO position so that there would not be an issue since he was looking at becoming the platoon sgt if he stayed in that platoon) unless one of the servicemembers winds up being the company 1SG or commander.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)