Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Donate your religious books

Posted by on Jun. 8, 2007 at 2:52 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 789 Total Views
I found this site in one of my magazines.  You can go here & request a postage paid bag to send them your books.  Did you know the average American has 9 bibles, where the average missionary has 0?

www.bareyourbookshelf.com
by on Jun. 8, 2007 at 2:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
toola
by on Jun. 8, 2007 at 8:12 PM
Thanks for posting the link - I know at least one new member who might have a few religious books to spare!  :)

9 Bibles huh?  I don't even have one...

g
Veggiemomof2
by on Jun. 9, 2007 at 2:41 PM

There are 4 people in our house, 2 adults, 2 kids, & I think we have about 8 bibles.  My 10yr old dd has 2, church gave her 1 after 1st grade & she got one as a gift when she got baptized.  I have 3 I think...one i use always, 1 for extra research & 1 passed down thru family.

toola
by on Jun. 9, 2007 at 4:09 PM
Actually I forgot - I do have one.  I bought it especially  for my Theology for Teachers course.  *shame*

g
1ofakindw
by Member on Jun. 13, 2007 at 11:03 PM
Hi VeggieMom
Thanks for posting this, when I am done with devotionals and religious reading materials I usually haul them over to the thrift store and I hate doing that. There are so many of them already getting dusty on the shelves there anyway. I think our local St. Vincent DePauls gives away the religious books for free even. I also have several bibles and only use one regularly, I never knew that there was such a demand. People tend to take things for granted when they have a lot of a certain resource, in this case religious books and bibles.

Thanks again,
Michelle
Oneofakindwis

smdgibbons
by Group Admin on Jun. 22, 2007 at 12:01 AM
this was a great post!  there are other grps who would probably love to see this.  you should send it to the cafe marketplace as well... 
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)