Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Topic of the Week 7/29

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 10:42 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 250 Total Views
Does anyone one think she is going to ever get better????

People.com Reports:

Britney's Latest Bizarre Behavior Sparks Concern

Skivvy-dipping, soiling an expensive outfit and sailing with her sons sans lifejackets – it was a wet n' wild week for Britney Spears.

And this time, PEOPLE reports in its new issue (on sale Friday), her antics could have some serious consequences.

On July 18 the pop star, 25, and her unidentified blonde gal pal stopped off in Malibu for an impromptu afternoon dip (with Spears wearing only her skivvies!) before a crowd of photographers.

Her erratic behavior continued the next day when, after filming a new video (self-funded, according to a source), she reportedly had a "meltdown" during an ill-fated photo shoot for Ok! Magazine.

In the course of the session she apparently fretted that the ceiling might cave in, she allowed her newly acquired puppy to soil the floor and she wiped her hands on a couture gown after scarfing down fried chicken.

Finally, on July 20, Spears drew another wave of criticism for going boating with sons Sean Preston, 22 months, and Jayden James, 10 months – without life jackets. (Turns out they're not required by state law on such a large craft.)

Spears, who has no manager or personal publicist and has been without her BFF Alli Sims lately, "won't listen to anybody," says a family friend. "[Her family] is frustrated with the situation – and worried about the children."

Also worried, it seems, is their dad, Kevin Federline. The would-be rapper thinks his ex is exposing the boys to "unnecessary risk," says a source familiar with the case. "His lawyer [Mark Vincent Kaplan] hopes to get Kevin primary custody – soon."

Jennifer
Owner of:

Celeb Gossip, News, and More! 
Mystery Book Club 
Common Questions, Moms Answer
Feng Shui Made Easy

by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 10:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aida524
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 10:52 PM
Nah, she's stupid!! No, surprise to me if she loses custody of her kids....She's always doing wacky things!!  What drug is she on??  
sunflower1229
by Member on Jul. 29, 2007 at 11:08 PM
 I think if she went away for a while where the papparazzi could not find her and she wasn't press fodder...she may get her life back together. She really needs serious help. If she gets her kids taken away...I think it will be the end.
liamz.mama
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 11:31 PM
I don't know what is wrong with her! I think from the get-go she has wanted to be like Madonna. She married a "bad boy" like Madonna marrying Sean Penn.

I hate how young Hollywood is just going crazy. On top of that this is who are children have as "role models?" Just sick!!!

Group Member of....
Missouri Moms || December 2006 Babies || Celeb Gossip, News, and More!
Geek Mommas || World of Warcraft Moms || Draka's Mommas of Doom Guild

Meshane
by Group Owner on Jul. 30, 2007 at 12:04 AM
I of course don't want ANYTHING bad to happen to her kids BUT it might take something bad to happen to shake her up a bit and make her come to her senses. But she's another one that I don't get!
jayciesgma
by on Jul. 30, 2007 at 11:14 AM
Who would have ever thought Kevin Federline would end up being the responsible parent? Weird.
liamz.mama
by on Jul. 30, 2007 at 11:18 AM

Quoting jayciesgma:

Who would have ever thought Kevin Federline would end up being the responsible parent? Weird.

So True and scary!

Group Member of....
Missouri Moms || December 2006 Babies || Celeb Gossip, News, and More!
Geek Mommas || World of Warcraft Moms || Draka's Mommas of Doom Guild

my3angelz
by on Jul. 30, 2007 at 1:34 PM

My daughter just moved to LA (we are from Idaho) and spent the 4th at Kevins for a BBQ, along with his friends, family, ex-wife Shar and all of the kids. Of course we have read all the gossip and wondered about him as well. She came out of there with a new view on Kevin....she said he is very hands on with his kids (he could have left his parents to tend to them while he mingled with his friends), he swam with them, played with them, whenever they wanted him he was there.

ellianasmommy
by on Aug. 1, 2007 at 12:16 PM
I think she needs to be on some kind of pills.  And Kevin and her mom should get custody.  At least for the time being.  Having them kids on a boat without life-jackets are crazy.  Even if the law says you don't need one.  What mother in her right mind would do that.  law or not my daughter will always wear something to protect her around the water. 
Tequila_Sunrise
by on Aug. 1, 2007 at 7:49 PM
I think Britney is a good mother to her children but there are things that she has done that there is no excuse for such as driving with Sean on her lap and doing so much partying.

I highly doubt Britney is going to lose those kids, it is very hard to get custody when your the dad unless you can prove the mother neglects the kids and is say a drug addict or alcoholic. A judge is going to look down at her partying but at the same time she has proper care for her kids when she is out.] I have no respect for Kevin, has everyone forgot how the main reason Britney left him is because she was a married single mother? She also left him because of his drug use and if you watch videos of him and look at pictures he looks freaking high in everything. Before Brit divorced him he wanted nothing to do with the kids, have you ever even seen a picture of him with either child? Back before Sean came along Britney always had Kevins daughter Kori and he would be out partying, a week after Brit had her second son Kevin left to go party after Brit begged him to stay home and that was her final straw with him. The only reason he wants the kids is because he knows he will get a crap load in child support, he never went after his kids with Shar because he would not get anything. Britney took this guy off the street, both him and Shar were about to declare bankruptcy and move in with Shars mom, Britney was the best thing that ever happened to them two. I am not saying Britney is the perfect mom because she is not , she has a lot of growing up to do and I agree she needs to seek help but at the same time she loves her kids and wants them because they are her world and notice how almost everytime you see her that her kids are with her? In my eyes Kevin has no right to call himself a father, he has been a deadbeat dad to not only his kids with Britney but his kids with Shar and have you noticed he has been hanging with Shar alot? Probably because she is starting to get TV show deals and stuff and is now making good money and he wants it. He is just a deadbeat dad and a goldigger.

When Brit went to rehab no sooner Kevin got them he went to Vegas to a party and dumped the kids on a nanny, yeah father of the freaking year. He cans top his little act of caring about his kids because none is falling for it.

Rockin123
by on Aug. 1, 2007 at 8:35 PM
the sad part is that i don't think she's probably hit rock bottom yet for her to be in a position to say "i need help" and let people that care, like her mother, back into her life.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)